Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Headache from laying down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently I've been getting really painful headaches in the left side of my head, if I lie down on it. For example, I always sleep on my left side and this morning I woke up to a banging headache, and about 45 mins ago I went to have a quick nap and ten minutes into it, I have this splitting headache again.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Comments

• Options
    Are you eyes hurting? Or do you need glasses?

Does it go away with paracetamol ?
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Are you eyes hurting? Or do you need glasses?

Does it go away with paracetamol ?

My eyes don't hurt and I don't wear glasses, although my jaw kind of aches on that side too. The pain in my head is mainly on the left side of my forehead.
    Yeah it does usually go away with a couple of Asperin tablets.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    My eyes don't hurt and I don't wear glasses, although my jaw kind of aches on that side too.
    Yeah it does usually go away with a couple of Asperin tablets.

Just thought it might have been eye strain or something, especially with all the books and reading you will have done for revision :p

I would keep taking aspirin if that helps, but if it persists. Maybe speak to a pharmacist first then maybe a doctor.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Just thought it might have been eye strain or something, especially with all the books and reading you will have done for revision :p

I would keep taking aspirin if that helps, but if it persists. Maybe speak to a pharmacist first then maybe a doctor.

Lol Yeah, never thought of that..maybe I should stop revising so hard... :lol:

Ok mate I'll give it a while and see if they stop first, cheers for the advice. :thumb:
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Recently I've been getting really painful headaches in the left side of my head, if I lie down on it. For example, I always sleep on my left side and this morning I woke up to a banging headache, and about 45 mins ago I went to have a quick nap and ten minutes into it, I have this splitting headache again.

Anyone know what the problem is?

i keep getting this weird headaches too its like right over my left eye and its really really painful ive had it quite a few times this last few weeks
  • Options
    i keep getting this weird headaches too its like right over my left eye and its really really painful ive had it quite a few times this last few weeks

:chin: Maybe it's a certain batch of pills going around at the moment...
    :lol:
  • Options
    :lol::lol: .. probably !
  • Options
    might be something to do with pillows.. maybe too high /too low?

changed anything in that area recently? stuff with your neck and back can generally cause headaches.