Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Smokers...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had a saw throat yesterday, had a look in the mirror and opened my mouth. I noticed a white dot, almost like a zit that you'd get on the face on one of my palatine tonsils and a dot on the back of it. Got me a bit worried as to what it was so I rang the NHS and they told me to give it a few days to dissipate an if it didn't get in contact with them again.

Any smokers had a similar problem? I'm not a heavy smoker and only started smoking a few months ago. Cancer or just a bacterial infection?

Comments

• Options
    i smoke and have done for 4 years and the only time I've ever had that was when I had tonsilitis
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    I'm not a heavy smoker and only started smoking a few months ago.

Quit while Your ahead mate.
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Cancer or just a bacterial infection?

I's not going to be cancer after smoking for a few months.
  • Options
    a white spot is most likley a bacterial infection. smoking can make it worse.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    sounds like tonsilitis to be honest. I would quit though if you are worrying so much its probably for the best.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    sounds like tonsilitis to be honest. I would quit though if you are worrying so much its probably for the best.

:yes:

Plus you ain't going to be able to smoke anywhere inside by July 1st, or else you will be arrested by the Hitler police :D
  • Options
    Yeah, the dot is on its way out now. Got some of that anti-bacterial mouthwash, seems to have sorted it out.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    :yes:

Plus you ain't going to be able to smoke anywhere inside by July 1st, or else you will be arrested by the Hitler police :D

lol