Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

mescaline (cacti)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone tried this in the form of just eating a cactus? (san pedro i think)?

is it good/bad/ugly? Also any tips to keep it fun? :)

cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No... but I heard its a mission unless you have a very very old cactus.
    You have to eat shit loads and chances are you will throw up.

I could be wrong though, as I say I haven't bothered.
    muse- wrote: »

cheers

i used to have a cactus

:)

you dont have to water them very often
    i used to have a cactus

:)

you dont have to water them very often

haha... well youd expect that seeing as the things usually hang around in deserts!

thanks for that little piece of info lol, hope you didnt eat him.
    muse- wrote: »

cheers

I saw it on sale loads in Amsterdam. I never got round to trying it though, apparantly it gives you one fucking intense trip.
    you can buy peruvian torch and san pedro cuttings online im nearly sure... and you just brew some sort of tea out of the stuff if i remember correctly .. probably not the nicest of things but then what drug is?

let me know how you get on, i was gonna do it myself a few times but never bothered ordering the stuff
    A) You need old cactus and you need to eat quite a lot

B) Dosing from cactus is very difficult and shouldnt really be attempted by a novice

C) Mescaline is obviously illegal

D) Erowid have a large vault of information which you should read
    I read some of the stuff on erowid (peoples experiences), it was very informative but it was a bit too deep, plus they all seemed to have taken mescaline capsules?? dunno if the trip would be the same..
    Yes, it would be the same, its the same drug after all, although the sickness is supposed to be more apparent with the actual cactus.

If you arent prepared to put the time and effort into learning how to prepare the cactus properly I suggest you dont. It is a very powerful hallucinogen and definitely not one to be taken lightly.
    im not taking it on my own dont worry! doing it with people who have done it before...

it's dried so afaik no preparation is needed.
    While we are on this type of subject, has anyone ever tried Ayahuasca?

I think both Mescaline and Ayahuasca are interesting drugs but I know you spew on Ayahuasca and I think Mescaline you do also which kind of puts me off.
    never tried ayahuasca but it looks very potent but not like a party drug

if you do get round to it, let me know how you get on!
    few...

did the mescaline a bit over 12 hours ago and i still feel trippy...there were some fucking intense moments though, i think maybe its a bit too strong a drug to start with when youve never done drugs that make you 'trip' before...

still dont have any sense of time, but i cant get to sleep so thought id write something here! :D i'll probly give a more detailed portrayal of the experience when the effects have worn off and i can think properly, but a bit too fucked atm:shocking:
    There is a forum dedicated to Ayahuasca, PM if you want the address Kenny. If you Google Ayahuasca on Google video you'll get some feature length stuff some up. There was this one about British celebs going to Peru and the Shamans gave them a week long Ayahuasca session to sort 'em out.
    well here's what happened...

ate it at maybe 1PM, probably took about 15g (dried), it tastes fucking sick so you need to either grind it and stick it in a drink or just swallow bits with juice with minimal chewing, once its down its fine though. Half an hour on I felt a slight wave of nausea bit didnt chuck up, neither did anyone else.

Nothing really kicked in fully until about 2 hours later, was just a very slow build up. We went out and just sat around in the sun, I started to feel more and more fucked... I kept looking around and everything just felt surreal, like the trees and sky were just there as part of a film set or something, plus there was a more pronounced sense of touch which was a little strange. In fact it got really fucking weird, I think it hit me hard before it hit everyone else, so i was trying my hardest to fight it and hold it together to make conversation and stuff, but I couldnt only focus on the one thing at a time, if i wasnt focused on something it wasnt happening as far as I was concerned, my vision also went kind of frame per frame, with kind of flowing black lines every time I moved to change my focus to something else... plus there were a lot of people around (was a nice day) so I didnt feel free to just vibe with it, that left me feeling a bit paranoid (it started to make me feel really really shit), but managed to keep it together.

After that we went back home and things got a lot better from there, was much more chilled and could just go with it.. tried watching a film and it was SO intense, every emotion I could see people going through I could properly feel. Music was kind of cool too but very different, and a lot of music just didnt feel right.

After that we ended up just sitting around not doing much, I didnt like the fact a couple people there hadnt done it, I couldnt really be arsed to talk it was too much effort and kinda gave me a headache having to concentrate on stuff properly.. It's cool to just lose 20 minutes exploring something completely random and then suddenly click back, which was another weird thing about it, if you tried you could have a second or two where you felt 100% fine and normal, but you'd drift back into the trip pretty fast.

Anyway, 12 hours passed without it feeling like a second really, but at the same time I knew a lot of time was passing.. its a really hard experience to explain!

To summarise the experience though:

Posivites: Some pretty cool closed eye visuals, emotions can feel really intense, even just stuff like reading a page of a book can become a completely atmospheric and epic experience. Plus afaik its a relatively safe drug i.e. you would only die on it if you were TRYING to take way too much, that said I dont think its safe to be around cars/roads etc because it takes your attention away from reality too much.

Negatives: Kinda had a headache in the latter stages, also the experience when we were outside wasnt fun, I think a bad trip on this stuff would be really horrific. Also it tastes like shit but isnt bad once its down (i recommend chewing a bit then drinking some oj to get rid of the bitter taste).

I think I can understand why it hasn't become so mainstream, but its something im glad ive tried :)

ps: smoked a few joints during the time, not sure how much effect they had on the experience though!
    double post sorry.
    Nice report mate, hopefully more people will share their similar experiences.
    It lasts quite a long time then, may have to try it out sometime.
    But yeah, good report.