Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

World's healthiest foods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Found this site for anyone who is interested. They give quite a good background on each individual ingredient.

I get quite hungry just by looking at the page :yum:

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Nice site, Bookmarked :thumb:

There are lots of benefits from some of the foods there, even simple things like having a teaspoon of walnut or flax seed oil a day can give you essential nutrients.
  • Options
    Mmm asparagus. Half price at Sainsburys at the moment. Anyone know a good way of cooking them? Last week I did them in the microwave but it made them slightly soggy and not that nice.
  • Options
    Steamed and served with Hollandaise or griddled with olive oil, rock salt and pepper are supposed to be nice.
  • Options
    Steam or griddle them - then serve chopped up into lenghts about 1 inch long - tossed into some cooked pasta. Then mix up - the juice of half a lemon (into which you've disovled a little salt) around 2-3 table spoons of olive oil - and a good screw of pepper - pour that over the top and then add parmesan and if you like it parsley.

You can also replace the olive oil for butter but you will need to add it to the asparagus and pasta in the hot pasta pan then then mix it around until its melted and coated everything.

Enjoy
    xx
  • Options
    I eat quite a lot of that stuff already so my diet should be quite good :)
  • Options
    Asparagus wrapped in parma ham and then baked in the oven is also yummy. :D