Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Masterfoods products to contain animal rennet

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I thought you were using the asterisk as the word "vegan" was somehow offensive to you! :hyper:

Hah I thought thesite had banned the word vegan for some reason!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I thought you were using the asterisk as the word "vegan" was somehow offensive to you! :hyper:

HAH... Not many words offend me. :)
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6673549.stm

Thought some of you would like to know if you didn't read about it already! :)
  • Options
    FireFly85 wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6673549.stm

Thought some of you would like to know if you didn't read about it already! :)

That was already posted earlier on in the thread.

It is good to know though.
  • Options
    Yes, its really frustrating to hear people call themselves a veggie and then see them munch on dead animals when the mood takes them, or because they choose to say that one particular creature has a 'lower energy vibration' than others - obviously looking for ways to deal with their guilt. Also, saying they have to eat meat now because their body needs it - if they followed a proper diet then there would be no need to do this, its just another excuse I would say. I've been a veggie for a number of years and wouldn't dream of changing it for now - and by the way, I became veggie because of moral/spiritual reasons, not just because of my health (although also very important), I don't think anyone has the right to take the life of anything just because its easy, they can, they think they're more superior to it, or it tastes good! Anybody else out there feel this way?