Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Will you be watching Eurovision?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    otter wrote: »
    everyone says its politics but its not imo. it just plain social preferences. similar and neighboring countries have similar musical tastes. simple.

If all the styles and sounds were similar i could understand it but they weren't imo. Everyone has varying opinions on whether it's political or not. I happen to think it's "friendly" political yes. You don't. Simple.
  • Options
    UK Eurovision entrants Scooch will be performing their tune, "Flying The Flag (For You)" alongside Musicians from 42 countries for the 52nd Eurovision Song Contest, which takes place on Saturday night.

Bulgaria and Belarus have also reached the main event for the first time.

Last year the contest was won by Finnish monster rock group Lordi with their song Hard Rock Hallelujah. France, Luxembourg and the UK have each won five times.

Germany has been tipped to win this year's contest with a swing entry from Roger Cicero.

Do you take Eurovision seriously? What do you think of your country's entry ? Is performance or politics the driving force in Eurovision? How will you be watching Eurovision?
    I was in Turkey for this and boy did the Germans take it seriously. Then they all went to bed for a good night's sleep.
  • Options

Germany has been tipped to win this year's contest with a swing entry from Roger Cicero.

Do you take Eurovision seriously? What do you think of your country's entry ? Is performance or politics the driving force in Eurovision? How will you be watching Eurovision?

Germany will never win it, no matter how 'good' their entry is. I was very suprised when Finland won last year...probably only because Lordi are so fucking wierd. lol
    Everyone knows that Eastern European countries always win because they all vote for eachother and there are so fucking many of them.
    Germany's usual allies are Austria and Switzerland.
  • Options
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »

That was just wrong. It was like Timmy Mallett with a pair of boobs. :no:
  • Options
    england will never win .. had a bit of a barny with my stepdad over it cos he said we won 10 years ago (bit worrying he remembers)

the reasons why we wont win is probably because the other countries dont like us they all gang up on us but they still all secretly want to live here.

i think england shouldnt even bother because each year i believe the people representing us are embarassing and make us look like twats plus we are one of the biggest funders and we get nothing in return except for coming last, maybe second to last if we are lucky