Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bloating and IBS

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apologies if this subject has come up before, but some opinions on this would be appreciated.

I was diagnosed with IBS ages ago, and yeah it comes and goes depending on stress levels etc....but I wonder if anyone else has any ideas on how to reduce the bloating? That's my main problem with IBS, as I don't get diarrhoea so often now, but it's still uncomfortable and looks awful. Peppermint tablets don't seem to really work anymore unfortunately, so I'm kind of out of options. I thought I might be allergic to wheat or something, but to be honest it happens so randomly that I don't think it has anything to do with what I'm eating.

Comments

• Options
    If you are allergic to wheat, then keep a food siary for a few weeks or so then show your doctor. He might tell you it's something else or he may out you on a wheat free diet for a month or so. (which I'm on and it's slowly getting easier)
  • Options
    If you find a cure for bloating, be sure to spread the word... :( It my biggest bugbear.
  • Options
    My friendly dietician has recommended pro-biotic yoguhrt drinks. Seems to be working at the moment - hell I've even been able to have a kebab :thumb: