Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

covering up a black eye

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whats the best way to do it?

i got assulted today at college...in very odd circumstance, but completely unprovoked...and i'd prefer not to have people asking me what happened 24/7

Comments

• Options
    concealer, help it to stay on by putting powder over the top. you an also get green correcting creams for rosy cheeks and red noses, the green is meant to be good on toning red colours down...hope that helps some
  • Options
    it's more dark than red. but anyway, i shall put on a brave face and see if it helps...
  • Options
    Sunglasses
  • Options
    have you seen the weather? it's raining! you can't even get away with that in london...
  • Options
    have you seen the weather? it's raining! you can't even get away with that in london...

I get away with 'em at 5am every friday / saturday / sunday - well at least i think I do ! :lol:

Concealer - worked a treat when I got twatted.
  • Options
    corrective concealer....even if it looks dark its still mostly going to be redish tones, so the green should help.

Or you could go all out and get camoflage make up or something like dermablend or coverderm
  • Options
    To be honest it'd be quite hard to cover up so your probably gonna get more looks with one eye being orange and the other not.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Lacy wrote: »
    To be honest it'd be quite hard to cover up so your probably gonna get more looks with one eye being orange and the other not.

:yes: you will run the risk of over doing it on one and eye, and then drawing more attention to it.

Perhaps if you are really conscious of it, use a small amount of touche eclat (if you have it) as it reflects the light and hopefully will make it look less noticeable.

Also try putting some white eyeshadow on it underneath your powder, but have a trial run before you venture outside.

But all in all as Lacy says, it is unlikely it will disappear so people can't see it.

Hope you are ok :)
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »

:lol: Sympathetic arent ya lol
  • Options
    id put witch hazel on it, and id take arnica tablets (homeopathic) and possibly arnica topical cream to take the bruise down super quickly.
  • Options
    id put witch hazel on it, and id take arnica tablets (homeopathic) and possibly arnica topical cream to take the bruise down super quickly.

oooh arnica is amazing for reducing bruising!
  • Options
    Dermablend type products would sort that out nicely. I'm afraid I'm crap at this sort of advice - I'm used to painting black eyes on, rather than covering real ones!!
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Perhaps if you are really conscious of it, use a small amount of touche eclat (if you have it) as it reflects the light and hopefully will make it look less noticeable.

oh noooo dont tell her to do that, touche eclat is a higlighter and it will make it more noticable, contrary to popular belief of it being a concealer...its not. I made the mistake of using it as a concealer once and omg....i looked worse than what i did without make up.
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    oh noooo dont tell her to do that, touche eclat is a higlighter and it will make it more noticable, contrary to popular belief of it being a concealer...its not. I made the mistake of using it as a concealer once and omg....i looked worse than what i did without make up.

really? oh dear, thats not good. I thought it was ok, but it aint all it is cracked up to be. Cant say it didnt do anything in its defence though. Just thought it may have been lighter than normal concealer, rather than rather sexy, orange 'come to bed' eyes! :p
  • Options
    lol....tbh i think it will be best for her to forget about it and get on with life as usual. Otherwise she's looking at paying out about 20quid for something she only needs for a week.
  • Options
    i tend to just walk around looking like a wanker for a while :thumb:
  • Options
    get another black eye...
  • Options
    pretend youve been practiced on by Ilora?
  • Options
    haha!

well, by the morning the upper lid had become very sore, and by this morning i´ve developed full blown conjunctivitus, so no make up is going near this face for a good few days! but thanks for all the tips...
  • Options
    pretend youve been practiced on by Ilora?

:lol: