Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rash on my face :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's not nice! :( Last night I realised I had a small rash on my cheek- it was red and kinda bumpy which is unusual as I have really good skin. I'm not prone to blemishes, spots, anything like that really. This morning I woke up and it was still there- now my whole face is itching like a bitch and I feel really hot too. The other half wants me to go to the chemists and see if they can give me anything, but I hate taking stuff so I was wondering if anyone might be able to shed any light on this and perhaps reccommend a cream or something instead?

Comments

• Options
    I have the exact same problem. Weird.

It just came up randomly last night, and now it itches like hell.

The only other time this has ever happened was about 6 years ago when I used a face cream (i had used it before, so god knows what the problem was). That time it was a bit worse, and it took a week to go away (I didn't take anything for it then).

But this time I hadn't put anything on my face. My bf thinks its to do with the cold/flu tablets I've been taking as it does say skin rashes are a rare side effect..

I have to finish writing an essay, but once I've done that I'm going to Boots to get some drugs!!
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Dobbin wrote: »
    It's not nice! :( Last night I realised I had a small rash on my cheek- it was red and kinda bumpy which is unusual as I have really good skin. I'm not prone to blemishes, spots, anything like that really. This morning I woke up and it was still there- now my whole face is itching like a bitch and I feel really hot too. The other half wants me to go to the chemists and see if they can give me anything, but I hate taking stuff so I was wondering if anyone might be able to shed any light on this and perhaps reccommend a cream or something instead?

Have you used any creams recently? My guess is it could be an allergic reaction to something you have used
  • Options
    smitherz wrote: »
    Have you used any creams recently? My guess is it could be an allergic reaction to something you have used

I've not been using any new creams, no. Just been to the pharmacy and they've given me antihistamine and told me to take my makeup off! i'm not a happy bunny. :grump:
  • Options
    Have you started using any new make up?
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Have you started using any new make up?

I started using a new powder- but was still bourjois as I have always used. And I've been using that for like 2 weeks or something so I doubt it's that. My boyfriend's mum had the same thing a while ago- was totally random and disappeared after 3 days, so fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Are you sure it's not ringworm?