Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cheap punch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know any good alcoholic punch recipes? It has to be quite cheap and easily multipliable (I want to make a big bowl). Preferably using wine, gin or vodka but I'm open to suggestions! I'm considering Sangria but I haven't had it before and I don't normally like red wine so I wasn't sure if I'd like it

Comments

• Options
    I don't have a recipe, but I had white wine sangría in Barcelona, and it was lovely. Much lighter. :yum:
  • Options
    I prefer red wine Sangria but I have made a white wine Sangria with cheapo Cava. You can use any white wine but if it's not fizzy and it's cheap/poor quality then it can go to shit sometimes.

You need:

Bottle of Cava
    2 tbsps caster sugar
    2 limes and 2 lemons, sliced up. I sometimes use half an orange, too!
    30ml Cointreau
    30ml Brandy
    Soda water and ice cubes

Pour Cava and sugar into large jug and mix up well. Add brandy and Cointreau, mix again. Add the fruit and ice cubes and then soda water to taste, stirring gently.

Multiply as necessary.

Alternatively you could make the wonderful Gin Fizz. I usually start off with:

6 shots gin
    1 bottle of Cava
    2 shots lemon and/or lime juice - best if it's freshly squeezed :yum:
    3 tsps caster sugar

You can multiply as necessary.

Mix ice, fruit juice, gin and caster sugar up well in the bowl/jug. You can add the Cava at this point, but I prefer to dish up and then top up with Cava. It is divine!

There are probably loads of gin punch recipes on the 'net, gin-centred punch is the best!
  • Options
    i made a gin+rum+vodka+grenadine+lemonade punch once, it was lovely and did the job, was hammered after sharing that between 4 of us
  • Options
    white lightning
    barcode vodka
    lots of fruit juice

= absolutely deadly punch.

although this might be even cheaper than you had in mind :p
  • Options
    haha got in there before me

any concoctions i could think of would probably end up being like petrol
  • Options
    kool-aid1.jpg + res3.jpg

Cheap as you can get ;)Though it leaves a taste to be desired, best drank once already drunk.
  • Options
    I love kool aid but you can't get it here :(:(:(
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    I love kool aid but you can't get it here :(:(:(

Clicky 1

Clicky 2

I don't know about the first one, but people from here have ordered from Cyber Candy.
  • Options
    Woo thanks Rubber!! I love the cherry one. Don't tghink I'd like it with alcohol though :no:
  • Options
    You used to be able to dye your hair with Kool Aid, I dont know whether you still can. I think that tells you a lot about how natural it is.
  • Options
    we made a lethal sangria type punch last year. 4 bottles of red wine, bottle of brandy, vodka, schanpps, oj, lemonade...you get the idea. vodka ,schnapps, oj and cranberry juice is always good and cheap
  • Options
    MMM Girl Gunner that sounds lush, thanks!
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    You used to be able to dye your hair with Kool Aid, I dont know whether you still can.

When i was looking for links for Kangy, there was one about using Kool AId to dye natural fibres :)