Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Have i just overdosed myself?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive just taken two 400mg ibuprofen tablets.

Ive lost the box for them, have i taken too much? Should i expect to feel ill or anything?

Comments

• Options
    no. you'll be fine i guarantee.
  • Options
    not very likely, your daily limit is 1200mg a day so it seems

http://www.relieve-migraine-headache.com/ibuprofen_dosage.html

although it does state that you should only take 400mg every 4-6hrs I wouldnt worry about it. prob best not to take any more till this evening though :)
  • Options
    Ace, thank you.

I feel so ill :(
  • Options
    I usually take 2 x 500mg of Ibruprofen a day. You'll be fiiine.
  • Options
    Ibruprofen is like Neurofen isn't it? It is a very strong painkiller, something that I only take 2-3 times a year. E.g.'s of use are migraines and tummy bug. 1000 mg per day is slightly pushing it ne?
  • Options
    i think ive taken about 2000mg in a day, i was fine...just dont take them on an empty stomach or like they're sweets
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Ibruprofen is like Neurofen isn't it? It is a very strong painkiller, something that I only take 2-3 times a year. E.g.'s of use are migraines and tummy bug. 1000 mg per day is slightly pushing it ne?
    Nah, it's fine. I take it for chronic back pain. Ibuprofen and Tramadol on really tough days. My GP prefers it if I keep on 1000mg's of ibuprofen a day, rather than tramadol.
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    you're ok - you shouldn't take them more than once every 4 hours and no more than 3 in 24 hours

Which is what I got told at the hospital a few years ago.
  • Options
    It's more than the recommended dose but not enough to do you any harm. Plenty of people take that much as a prescribed dose, but I wouldn't make a habit of it without medical advice.
  • Options
    I took 400mg x 4 every day for months an months. Sometimes with 500mg paracetomol. Not that i'd recommend it but i'm still here.
  • Options
    400mgx4 every day for months?! Be careful you dont get a stomach ulcer.

Ilora-how can you take 500mg or 1000mg? It only comes in 200mg,400mg or 800mg.
  • Options
    I'm sure the ones in my medicine box are 500mg.
  • Options
    i dont know if the english ones are made in 500mg, but i know the american ones are...we get both here, one of them have pink tablets the other has white.

Oh and you can take paracetamol and ibruprofen as they do slightly different things or something.
  • Options
    A doctor advised me to take paracetamol and ibuprofen together once.
  • Options
    ^^ That's fine for most people, they are completely different drugs and work differently.

Usually people who are on long term doses (or high doses) get reminded of the importance of only taking with food to avoid stomach ulcers.
  • Options
    Just looked it up in my medical book and it says the adult dosage range for general pain relief is 600mg-1.8g daily, so you should be fine.