Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ket question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
afternoon all, hope your having a nice bank holiday weekend.

i was just having a discussion about ket with a friend and wondered if anyone had heard of (sorry to be morbid!) any one who has been killed by doing it?

i can;t say i have heard of it myself - has anyone else?

thanks lots
xxx

Comments

• Options
    :yes: people and horses included
  • Options
    Cool drug though :)

I did it a few weeks back. Definaley the most halucagenic drug I've taken. Few lines was enough for me an I had a great time! :)

Couldnt beleive its a class c drug!
  • Options
    powerful shit .. or so ive heard never done it but wouldnt say no ..
    but its well powerful aparently havent heard of anybody dying from it.

its only a class c .. me and my mate had a massive argument over it (shes done it a few times) she was like 'no its a class a its more powerful than coke'
  • Options
    Although there are few reported deaths from Ketamine use in the UK it does carry potential risks relating to loss of consciousness and the anesthetic effect. Ketamine does not supress the central nervous system in the same manner as say, opiates do, but it can easily leave the user vulnerable and disoriented.

With respect to long term use, DrugScope have this to say;

From DrugScope
    In general, literature on the consequences of long-term ketamine use is sparse, but reports suggest that flashbacks, memory, attention and vision impairment may result from frequent and prolonged use.
    Tolerance develops quickly, requiring more of the drug to achieve the same repeated high. Stimulant-like weight loss and loss of appetite may occur during periods of heavy use, as well as psychological dependence, psychosis and gradual loss of contact with the real world.
  • Options
    What was it like Box? The stuff I had must have been rubbish cos it didn't do anything mind blowing
  • Options
    DrugBoy wrote: »
    What was it like Box? The stuff I had must have been rubbish cos it didn't do anything mind blowing

Must've been rubbish. Ket is strooooooooooooooooooong stuff...
  • Options
    Ket is my favourite thing EVER. Last time I had some, I got very worried/panicky about a game of Jenga... then found myself lying on a bed with my mate clutching hands and talking fucking crap.

I love ket. :D
  • Options
    Hahahaha, I did about 3 meaty lines of ket last night as did my mate. We must have tanned a half gramme between us.

At one point, I felt as though I was a Thunderbird in the actual Thunderbirds tv show when I was walking through to his toilet, then I clasped my hands over my mouth and went 'OHHHHHH' because I couldn't finish a sentence then I couldn't move my hands from my mouth but was heavy pishing myself laughing. HAHA!

But then it got extremely trippy and I felt as though I was in that Chemical Brothers' video Let Forever Be....everything just kept spinning around in sequence and ending up in his room??? Hahaha, when I came back from the toilet he had a rubber glove on and it was just crazy times.

I also phoned up this lad I was seeing to go - 'Wh-wh-wh-wh-wh-why can't I finish this sentence?! Who's phone is this?! This is Harry Enfield's phone I'm SURE! My hands look bulbous!' - he text me that just there hahahahaha.

I looooove Ket. But it's only for when you've nothing on the day after. It did turn a bit sour, I was vomiting at about 7AM this morning - only to do another line straight after, haha.

But to answer your original question I've no idea if it has killed anyone, horses OR humans. It's not a good idea to do it in extreme amounts like me and my mate did last night, but we were pissed off at the club we were at and plus he'd just broken up with his girlfriend. Good to use as an escape tool for the night.
  • Options
    I got very worried/panicky about a game of Jenga... then found myself lying on a bed with my mate clutching hands and talking fucking crap.

can you not remember the bit in the middle? - you might have enjoyed it more if you could :p
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    can you not remember the bit in the middle? - you might have enjoyed it more if you could :p

Well, drugs + alcohol = memory loss. :D

But I do know that the panicky feeling you get with Jenga and ket don't mix too well... I got off lightly though, one guy got so scared he locked himself in the kitchen and was terrified of us all!

This is why I love Ket. :love:
  • Options
    Not keen on ket really although I've done it a fair few times. A couple of weeks ago I did it when I was really really drunk and I threw up everywhere. I was really annoyed with myself the next day because I was actually going to bed when it happened coz I didn't even feel like I was gona be sick and if I'd have been lay down or passed out to sleep it would have been really dangerous :s
  • Options
    I've never tried Ket, as a rule I prefer stimulants but I'd still quite like to give it a go.
    I've been offered it at raves but I don't really see how it's a drug to rave on? So I always pass and spend my money on more E's, charlie, speed or MDMA powder.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I've been offered it at raves but I don't really see how it's a drug to rave on?

I really don't understand how people can take it in clubs or raves. When I've ben on it I can barely fucking move and everythings twisted. Ecstasy all the way please :) For me its all about the way you feel.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I really don't understand how people can take it in clubs or raves. When I've ben on it I can barely fucking move and everythings twisted. Ecstasy all the way please :) For me its all about the way you feel.

I guess maybe they enjoy just sitting there tripping out with the lights and the music.

Personally I prefer to take some uppers and dance my nuts off at a rave. But hey, each to their own. I'd quite like to try Ket though with a few mates at a free house or something.
  • Options
    Ah, no.

I find that if I've had just a bit of ket, I get really hyper on it, really loved up and generally find it wicked to dance on... It's when you have that bit too much or get quite fucked on it that you mong a bit (a lot).
  • Options
    Ket and alcohol is a seriously bad idea, it makes it far more likely you will throw up which is a bad thing to be doing when you are passed out.
  • Options
    yeah i did a little key of ket the other night at a rave and i felt really light and found i could dance great. most pills are cut with ket anyway so you only do small amount its fine.

after though i did a couple of lines. it was the first time id done and for a while i forgot who i was. was fucking great though, everything was in 2D it was like something out of south park. we went for a race as well because we couldnt move properly and it was fucking hilarious!

definately save for occasions though! it proper fucks with your head. i was wired as fuck the next day.
  • Options
    rave<3 wrote: »
    most pills are cut with ket anyway

No there not.
  • Options
    rave<3 wrote: »
    most pills are cut with ket anyway so you only do small amount its fine.

:D
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    The reason there are so many apparently conflicting reports about the effects of ketamine is because it is so dose dependent. Under a certain amount, it can be buzzy and floaty, and over that amount you can get the k-hole effects, and there isn't a lot of difference between the amounts you take to get there.
  • Options
    my mate was on it once and was talking to all the ornatments in his house.

id be up for doing it actually after readin this post but its been about my group a few times but atm its all charlie n beanies and a bit of billy and of course weed wouldnt say no if any came my way but im not gonna go looking for it.

its a lot cheaper than charlie too apparently ?
  • Options
    It used to be about £15-20 a gram.
  • Options
    Awww I love ket - but to be honest I know people who hate it with equal measure. I wouldnt' reccomend doing it the first time at a club - its the sort of drug where if it goes wrong it goes realllllly wrong and can totally mess your head up.

I've done it in clubs but for me i'm much more of a K-Hole fan - but you have to get the right people in it with you though and be in the right place.

Is also a nice drug to come down on as well - like I used to do a load of speed and then come down with a few lines of ket in the morning.

It is at the end of the day something which needs to be respected.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    It is at the end of the day something which needs to be respected.

Definitely, it can be seriously habit forming and the effects of long term heavy use are not good.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote: »
    The reason there are so many apparently conflicting reports about the effects of ketamine is because it is so dose dependent. Under a certain amount, it can be buzzy and floaty, and over that amount you can get the k-hole effects, and there isn't a lot of difference between the amounts you take to get there.

This is true. It's like there's a certain threshold and once you hit it WHAM! You're under the drug's control now!

Ket in low dosage is so much different from ket in high dosage.

Don't drink on it - you'll likely get sick and it fucks up the effects in a bad way.

Ket and ecstacy on the other hand. :chin:
  • Options
    I've only done it the once, in a club and I hated it.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Definitely, it can be seriously habit forming and the effects of long term heavy use are not good.

I think its easier to respect than Skag - BUT - i've also seen friends shot up ket - tis a very slippery slope...
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I think its easier to respect than Skag - BUT - i've also seen friends shot up ket - tis a very slippery slope...

IM ketamine abuse isn't rare, deeply dodgy though.