Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Would you employ me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am 18, and i am looking for a job over the summer, that is NOT waitressing, I HATE it!

I finsih my exams on something like the 20th July, and go to uni on something like the 20th of september. Plus I have a 3 week holiday in the middle. I have experience in working in a shop for 3 years.......

So, Wouls you employ me?

not really sure on what my chances are about getting a job

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    sounds to me like your best bet would be going to a recruitment agency and asking for a temp job.
    They will be able to find you something I am sure as long as you are flexible, and you can even say you dont want to do waitressing :p
    I used to work at Sainsburys over the summers between uni, but to be honest, I had worked there before so they didnt need to train me.
    Look for a recruitment date in your local area, and book an appointment as soon as you finish your exams.
    :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It may also be worth seeing if you can register etc before you exams if you have the time to do so, that way you'll be one step ahead of some of the other people looking for summer jobs.

Its also worth a shot dropping a CV into anywhere you would tolerate working to see if they have anything going. You don't necessarily have to mention that you're only looking for the summer.

Another thing to check out is any big companies near you and where they get their agency staff from and make sure you register with that agency too.
    Bunnie wrote: »
    sounds to me like your best bet would be going to a recruitment agency and asking for a temp job.

:yes:
    Why not, you've got experience. But the sooner you apply the better, summer holidays are the worst time to get a job because about 3 milion other students are doing exactly the same thing.