Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wisdom teeth...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi everybody! (hi doctor nick...!) lol :wave:

um yeah anyways, i think a wisdom tooth is coming through but i'm not sure. it certainly looks that way. it can be rather uncomfortable and get a few twinges and aches sometimes. I think also, I am getting a few headaches because of it. So... how can i know for sure? and if it is..what do i do about it?

:sour:

Comments

• Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    So... how can i know for sure?

Ask your dentist!
    Nutter wrote: »
    what do i do about it?

They may just give you teething pains like any tooth growing through in which case you just put up with it or try some bonjela and painkillers.

They can grow through badly, get compacted and or infected which can be treated with anti-biotics (from your dentist) and / or removal of the teeth.

I had all four of mine removed about 18 months ago as they were compacted so keep getting infected.
  • Options
    mine have been coming through one at a time for about 2 years now, im on my 3rd yey! only one more after this if it decides to appear, it tends to give me earache and head ache alot and can be quite painful but to be honest what else would you expect nice lil bits of bone poking through your solid gum....you might wana go check theyr coming through okay but theyll probably hurt even if they are getting some kind of sore mouth gel works i get the really cheap boots one and it just numbs everything
  • Options
    Long term see a Dentist if you're worried about them.

Short term, brush it really well, even if it hurts and bleeds slightly, use a good mouthwash and Corsydol gel should help reduce the pain a lot.
  • Options
    Definitely go and see your doctor. You might also find this article about wisdom teeth helpful.
  • Options
    You'd probably be better with a Dentist rather than a doctor, if you've got one. Most doctors say take paracetamol for the pain and see a dentist.