Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Aahhh!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ive so much work to do and im not arsed!...have coursework to do and i havent got a clue what it is about because i didnt go to any classes...not looking for symapthy thats the price you pay for going out all the time....anyone in the same boat?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it's never to late to start, off you go! :p

go check out your classes website (if there is one) get the notes from someone, and have a read through of the coursework slowly and you should be able to put together a half decent bit even without having attended the lectures :)
    I never go to lectures. To be honest, they expect the work to be your own anyway which includes using different sources than the lecturers have used and coming to your own conclusions. In our course the lectures serve as an introduction to the topic, which I find you can get quite easily on your own

So get on with it! Not that I can talk, I should be writing an essay now but I've been working on it all day and I'm so bored!!
    kangoo wrote: »
    I never go to lectures. To be honest, they expect the work to be your own anyway which includes using different sources than the lecturers have used and coming to your own conclusions. In our course the lectures serve as an introduction to the topic, which I find you can get quite easily on your own

while this is true, it's dependant on the subject matter too :) if it's a lecture intensive course like most sciences are, it's not usually a good idea to miss the lectures!
    Exactly the same boat mate. Still finding it hard to get motivated even now.
    I work better under pressure so shall await the day before all my work is in...
    I'm currently swamped in revision. The amount I've got to learn is a complete joke to be honest. My first final is next Friday :(
    My first exam is in two days....

...I haven't really started revising yet.

I should probably do that :chin:.
    I think most students in general are in that boat! But as soon it as it comes fairly close to the deadline usually something inside me is like right, seriously better crack on. Got my first A Level final exam in a week though and still haven't reached that feeling :chin:
    I think most students in general are in that boat! But as soon it as it comes fairly close to the deadline usually something inside me is like right, seriously better crack on. Got my first A Level final exam in a week though and still haven't reached that feeling :chin:

I'm like that. But I tend to get it the night before. What I churn out is usually pretty good, though, so it doesn't bother me.

This is not the case for exams (or these exams, at least), so I really need to pull my finger out, but there are too many things to help me procrastinate :(.
    I don't know how you guys can do night before revision.

I've been revising for two weeks now and will be for another two weeks for TWO exams. Saying that, I'm doing 3rd year finals at Uni. I did revision a few days before when I did my A Levels I think.

You won't be able to do it at Uni guys :p
    I've got my first in three weeks, and I'm already in a complete mess over it. Shesh!
    I don't know how you guys can do night before revision.

You won't be able to do it at Uni guys :p

I wasn't going to :p.

And night before revision works infinitely better for people like me who have a really, really bad memory unless it was ages ago or not that long ago. I can't remember what happened on Saturday (except the fact that I was working for 12 hours ;(), but I can remember what happened yesterday (almost to the very last detail, which is scary).

It's silly of me, really, because at least 2 of my exams require me to re-read books. REALLY should get on with doing that...
    Yeah that makes sense but how can you possibly go through ALL of the material you need to know for your exam the night before or are they small ones? (as I know you have quite a few)

I mean, there is no way I could even just READ through what I needed to know for ONE of my exams in 24 hours, nevermind know it off by heart.
    Yeah that makes sense but how can you possibly go through ALL of the material you need to know for your exam the night before or are they small ones? (as I know you have quite a few)

I mean, there is no way I could even just READ through what I needed to know for ONE of my exams in 24 hours, nevermind know it off by heart.
    Small ones?!?!?! I wish. I have quite a few because I do 6 subjects, and I have at least two papers per subject. Gutted.

But no, they aren't small. For the subjects I know I won't pass without revision (History and Philosophy, mainly), I have already done quite a bit of in-class revision. The rest of them I managed to pass (and well) in January without revision (I passed History, technically, but I would like to do a bit better than I did), so I can get away with minimal revision. It's obviously not ADVISED, but yanno. I've done a significant amount of revision in all my subject classes already anyway :yes:.
    Ha, sounds like how I had it when I did my A Levels.

I don't remember anything that I actually learn in my lectures/seminars which is why I have to work so hard revising at the end of the year :razz: To be fair though, I don't know how any law student that can remember everything we learn and I highly doubt any law student would pass an exam without revising.

I mean, I have at least 75 cases to learn for each exam and when they are all named something like "Mettall and Rohstoff AG v Donaldson Lufkin & Jenerette Inc (1990) 1 QB 391" its really hard to learn them. I'm really struggling to remember just the names! Then you've gotta learn the principle that came out the case, what happened in the case, what the judges said, etc :( Then we've gotta learn the statutes (the law - they don't fucking provide them in the exams), then learn the general principles, how the law works then somehow apply everything we know to the problem questions.

Help :(
    Ouch.

I do not envy you.

If I didn't have my maths formula booklet in my exam, I doubt I'd pass it as well as I probably will do.

I have a tendency to have brainwaves during exams though, and this is my saving grace. I'll be thinking "fuckhowdoIdothisfuckIdon'trememberanythingfuck", and then about 5 minutes later, it'll come to me, and I'll be like...YES :D.

That, of course, doesn't always work. I wrote an entire paragraph in my history mock about how Mussolini invaded Cyprus, because I couldn't remember what it actually was. At least Cyprus starts with the same letter as Corfu...
    thankfully I only have the one exam now, and at a postgrad level it's more problem solving than a memory test, so all's good :)

(besides the fat I actually have the exam to do, I dislike exams, lots. but then I suppose everyone does! )
    i dont have exams :p

cause its an art course its all practical work apart from the odd essay. no revision needed :D

ok now i'm gonna wait for you all to kill me
    i dont have exams :p

cause its an art course its all practical work apart from the odd essay. no revision needed :D

ok now i'm gonna wait for you all to kill me

*kills*

:p