Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Addicted to lip balm?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I'm addicted to lip balm. If I don't use any for a while (say a few hours), my lips start to hurt.

Is there any way of getting over this? Does anyone else suffer from it?

I'm using a nasty cheap one from superdrug at the moment which has "sparkle and colour" but it just makes my lips tingle and feel a bit sore. I think the best one is Carmex, annoying though that in America it's 99 cents and here it's around £3.

Comments

• Options
    katchika wrote: »
    I think I'm addicted to lip balm. If I don't use any for a while (say a few hours), my lips start to hurt.

Is there any way of getting over this? Does anyone else suffer from it?

I'm using a nasty cheap one from superdrug at the moment which has "sparkle and colour" but it just makes my lips tingle and feel a bit sore. I think the best one is Carmex, annoying though that in America it's 99 cents and here it's around £3.

I've acquired quite a lipbalm collection :hyper: Mine don't hurt but dry out really quickly, licking lips doesnt help because it just dries them out quicker apparently. If you're gonna use lipbalm as often as you do then treat yourself and buy a decent one rather then the cheap one you mentioned :) At least then it will be doing good. I have a Nivea lip care balm that is SPF 25 so is gonna be really good for the summer I'm hoping. I haate carmex cuz it smells of nappies :p
  • Options
    I think the best one is Carmex, annoying though that in America it's 99 cents and here it's around £3.

Ooo, I use Carmex. Can only use it in the tube though, my boyfriend has the pot and that's a bit more potent and makes my lips numb :(
    It is good though, I don't often need to apply it, and then I only need to do it once and my lips are sorted out for a while :) Makes it well worth the money.
  • Options
    I think i'm addicted too! i put vaseline on about ten million times a day. it just makes your lips feel sooo nice. plus i have very soft kissable lips. haha.

i like nivea care and shine too, i think thats what its called, it makes your lips soft and really shiny too.
  • Options
    I like vaseline
  • Options
    I use palmers cocoa butter lip balm, and i find it needs applying alot less than other things ive tried (including carmex,vaseline,softlips,chapstick,nivea) so i'd highly reccoment that :yes:
  • Options
    I use and love Carmex. :heart:
  • Options
    i dont feel the need 4 any kinda lip balm....im kissable an soft lipped naturally..:yum::D :thumb:
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I think I'm addicted to lip balm.

Better get yourself to rehab :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I'm lucky that my lips are naturally very soft and don't dry out easily. I do find though that if i ever use lip balm i have to continually put it on as it dries them out no end.
  • Options
    i put quite a lot on my faves are vaseline, chapstick soothing medicated gel and ermm some blistex stuff love em
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    this thread has made me realise my lips are dry *goes in search on a lipbalm*
  • Options
    I think I'm addicted to lip balm. .

There are worse things to be addicted to.
  • Options
    I use vaseline occassionally but I can see myself becoming addicted to it, so I try not to unless I actually have sore lips!

I guess you could just try to cut down using it so often and just put up with having sore lips for a little while and let them heel themselves naturally, and like someone else said, avoid licking your lips as that dries them out. It's a cheaper strategy than rehab! :lol: