Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spotting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So today I noticed there was a bit of blood when I went to the bathroom and I'm confused. I never had spotting before and I'm worried that there can be a STD, pregnancy (doubtful), or even a cyst. I'm just hoping that it's my body being weird, but I'm just worried as to what it can be.

Quick facts:
- I did have sex without a condom about two-three weeks ago, but I had enough blood to be considered a regular period while I'm on the pill a few days after sex.
- I'm on the pill and have been for over a year now. I have never had spotting even when I forgot to take my pill.
- I have taken my pill every day this cycle and about the same time.
- Last Saturday, there was a bit of blood at one point.
- I had been stressed out, but since I broke up with my boyfriend last Saturday, I've been pretty much stress free
- I've lost between 5-10 pounds since last Sunday.

Comments

• Options
    Keep an eye on it incase it happens again.

Sometimes it's completly random when you get spotting... I've spotted before for seemingly no reason, the nurse at my GP practice just told me to go back if it happened again so they could check it out incase it was something.

So, go to the docs about it if it'll ease your mind... but it probably isn't anything serious. If it does happen again I'd go see the doc just incase though anyway.
  • Options
    But it's been the second time this pill cycle. The random thing does make me feel better though.
  • Options
    Jayden wrote: »
    But it's been the second time this pill cycle. The random thing does make me feel better though.

Well I would personally go see the doctor about it, just to be on the safe side. But of course it may just be nothing.

Always better to be safe than sorry though. :)
  • Options
    The other thing that complicates things is that I'm leaving tomorrow to be a volunteer counselor for sixth graders at a camp for a week.
  • Options
    Jayden wrote: »
    The other thing that complicates things is that I'm leaving tomorrow to be a volunteer counselor for sixth graders at a camp for a week.

I wouldn't have thought leaving it a week would hurt... or waiting to see what your next cycle is like.

But you could ring up and see if you could talk to a doctor on the phone about it...