Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Where are the cravings???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Coke has been a massive part of my life for the last year or two, and, if I'm honest, I've had a gram most days for the last six months, and more at weekends. My nose is the thing I've been especially worried about and I really wanted to see how bad my problem was.

Anyway, I've gone on holiday for three weeks, and taken nothing with me, and there is no way I would be able to lay my hands on anything here either. I was bracing myself for climbing the walls without anything, but a few days in and I'm barely noticing: I've not had a single craving. I've deliberately kept myself away from dangerous situations like being out drinking and so on which I heavily associate with coke, but has anyone else found that while coke is hard to resist when it's there, it's also quite easy to cope without when you're away from it? I expected at least some physical side effects.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    DrugBoy wrote: »
    Coke has been a massive part of my life for the last year or two, and, if I'm honest, I've had a gram most days for the last six months, and more at weekends. My nose is the thing I've been especially worried about and I really wanted to see how bad my problem was.

Anyway, I've gone on holiday for three weeks, and taken nothing with me, and there is no way I would be able to lay my hands on anything here either. I was bracing myself for climbing the walls without anything, but a few days in and I'm barely noticing: I've not had a single craving. I've deliberately kept myself away from dangerous situations like being out drinking and so on which I heavily associate with coke, but has anyone else found that while coke is hard to resist when it's there, it's also quite easy to cope without when you're away from it? I expected at least some physical side effects.

Doubt you'll get any physical side effects. I crave coke when i'm pissed. But tbh i can't really be arsed with it anymore, unless its going round at a party/club etc.

I'd be pretty bothered if i was putting a gram a day away tho mate.
    I'm sure you ain't going to get off that easy. It might take a few days for it to kick in.

If its anything like cigarettes, it will be when you've had a few drinks when the big test comes :D

Good luck

:thumb:
    When Cocaine and alcohol combine in the bloodstream, it creates a third substance called Cocaethylene.

This substance, in and of itself is also addictive and habit forming, so it is thought that a large part of the reason coke users associate it with alcohol so strongly is for this reason.

In addition, it is highly cardiotoxic (bad for your heart), more so that either of the two other substances taken in isolation.
    a few days in and I'm barely noticing: I've not had a single craving.

i'd be grateful if i were you. :)
    but has anyone else found that while coke is hard to resist when it's there, it's also quite easy to cope without when you're away from it? I expected at least some physical side effects.

That's quite common. You're away from your triggers.
    Be Thankful ..

Ive seen a lot of good mates go a bit weird when they are craving some so stick with what you're doing now if you want to stop.

Fair play to you :)
    Be very grateful mate, I haven't done any in about 2 weeks now and I'm proper feeling it. Gonna really try and stick with it this time though.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Be very grateful mate, I haven't done any in about 2 weeks now and I'm proper feeling it. Gonna really try and stick with it this time though.

Good for you Pill'ed !
    Good for you Pill'ed !

I'll still take other drugs, it's just coke is my weakness and I can't on living how I've been living for the last couple of years.

I'll still take other drugs, it's just coke is my weakness and I can't on living how I've been living for the last couple of years.

Yeh, coke is a right fucker at the end of the day.
    Nice on occasion tho. Good luck mate.

Its just good to hear that you're dealing with something that's becoming a problem for you. Good luck :)

Yeah at the moment I've gone a bit anti-coke too
    Yeah at the moment I've gone a bit anti-coke too

I fucking hate the stuff, but I fucking love it at the same time. Lol, that's the problem.
    I fucking hate the stuff, but I fucking love it at the same time. Lol, that's the problem.

Yep its a bitch Im glad Im not addicted to it ! Always enjoyed it up until the last few times i've done it but never had a real craving for it

did you used to do it quite a bit then ?

did you used to do it quite a bit then ?

Pretty much. It's just once I start on it, I can't stop. I keep going for nights and nights, blowing all my money and next months money. I also used to like save some just to do on like normal days, like I'd snort a few lines before college e.t.c.
    Can't be arsed with that anymore, just taking E's or doing speed at raves, smoking green and the odd shroom trip.
    Can't be arsed with that anymore, just taking E's or doing speed at raves, smoking green and the odd shroom trip.

Sounds good, its surreal when you realise how much of a twat you are when ya gacked up.
    Pretty much. It's just once I start on it, I can't stop. I keep going for nights and nights, blowing all my money and next months money. I also used to like save some just to do on like normal days, like I'd snort a few lines before college e.t.c.

Aw shit good for you though that you've gotton off it

thats the problem with coke .. a lot of people waste so much time and money on it cos it can be so addictive

I vote pills all the way :)
    maybe the odd joint every once in a while too
    I vote pills all the way :)
    maybe the odd joint every once in a while too

Yeah Ecstasy is the best drug ever.

As for the joint...

"A spliff a day keeps the doctor away."
    Knowing more about coke than I probably should, I know sometimes if I get really busy with work or if I am doing something else, not just sitting around waiting for the craving, I subconsciously don't think abut it. It eventually goes days at a time, but it never comlpetely goes away...as long as I keep myself occupied with other positve influencial things, I'm fine
    Just an update from me, a week later and still not one craving.

I'm away from all my triggers, except alcohol, and even then it doesn't become a problem. I'm gonna enjoy my next session in a week or so when I'm back in London no question, but I definitely haven't noticed any difference being away from it except that in a week I've saved myself well over two hundred quid.
    Good luck mate, dont let some substance control you. You're in full control.:thumb:
    Still doing fine, only thing I'm finding is that certain things I tended to do on coke I can't find the patience for as much without them, ie long phone conversations, writing long emails and so on!

Thing that has really confused me is that my nose seems to be repeairing itself. I thought the bits that get fucked up with coke never grow back but already i can feel bits healing over. Not that I was Westbrooking but certainly can see some improvements.
    Well that was a painless three weeks. Did a gram last night, really lovely, but really fucked my nose up after three weeks of rest and recovery.

Somehow though beong off it I was aware when doing it last night how daft some of the stuff I do and say on it is.
    If you were having to do a gram a day, like you said in your original post, and you managed 3 weeks off it - do you not think it would have been a good idea to stay off it?

If you get back to 7 grams a week - long term - its gonna fuck you up.
    yeah and I wonder how much it is/will cost you money wise?