Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Home Gyms & Inhouse Excercise Equipment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone use anything at home?

I have a gym membership I pay for that I hardly ever use cos it's just a hassle to go to the gym itself..

When I go I mainly use the skiing machine and some of the weights, hate the tread mill - would rather go for a real walk.

So was thinking is it better to save the gym fees and buy a big screen TV and some kind of machine you plonk down infront of it that you can excericse to whilst watching Neighbours? I have some free weights but they're kinda boring to use.

And if so what? I love the idea of a bowflex machine (cos I used to have a real set of bows and arrows and know it's a good way to build up muscles)

But the machine it'self takes up too much room

What do you have at home that you use and recommend?

sport_lv%5B1%5D.jpg

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just a simple weights bench at home, with weights (obviously).
    Also have a fit ball, a bullworker from the 70s, and an abs roller thing (which is never used).

Oh, and I have my bike too (real, not static) which I ride.

sport_lv%5B1%5D.jpg

What the hell is that :shocking: Some kind of fetish torture device? Reminds me of that post Rubberskin made about that room with the inside lock and the crazy sacrificing man inside. I wouldn't like to be locked in a room with that thing :no:

Suffice to say I've never been to a gym :blush:
    Squat rack, a good bench and plenty of free weights should be enough. It will cost you a bit though and make sure you have the room for it all.

http://www.gymratz.co.uk/

I ordered my free weights from here for Xmas and they are great and good value. The benches and racks are also meant ot be rather good as well.
    kangoo wrote: »
    What the hell is that :shocking: Some kind of fetish torture device? Reminds me of that post Rubberskin made about that room with the inside lock and the crazy sacrificing man inside. I wouldn't like to be locked in a room with that thing :no:

Suffice to say I've never been to a gym :blush:
    il hubby was telling me about those, instead of weights they have the metal rods which act as a specific weight....im not making sense.
    Amira wrote: »
    il hubby was telling me about those, instead of weights they have the metal rods which act as a specific weight....im not making sense.

It's more like firing a bow and arrow.

Although I've yet to use one of those machines - but have done the bows & arrows thing in real life and if you have you're own bow they're a good way to built up strength
    we have a mini gym at home - elliptical trainer (I love it), set of pro bells and dumbells, treadmill, 2 in 1 cycle/rower, trampette, punch bag and a few other small items like gym ball, stepper etc. We also have one of them multigym things that my Dad uses.

Although the outlay for it all was a lot. It saves money over time that would be spent at the gym
    We have a hotch potch of gym equipment - bench with dad's weights on it, trampette, stepper, ball, ab machine....

Hardly any of it gets used though, as it's been shoved in the back of a spider-infested garage where my dad would much rather spend an hour playing darts with his home made dart board and stand. lol.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    We have an excercise bike and I have a slidey/twisty thing that you stand on and feel sick.
    I would love more, but hey ho, beggars and all that...