Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Oil Based Medicines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't mind swallowing tablets and most capsules

But find it hard to tolerate anything oil based - however cos I have high Cholesterol most of the beneficial things I could take are all oil based like fish and flax seed oil.

Even the oil filled capsules I don't tolerate so well.

I think the best way I've found so far is to time my oil intake with a cup of tea but don't know if they just makes it less effective?

Anyone take oil based medicines regularly and if so how do you find them?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    how do you mean hard to tollerate.

swallowing them or keeping them down? presuming you mean keeping them down then have some food immediately beofre so it get dilluted in your stomach.

:)

i sed to take a spoonfull of omega 3 oil. it was really rank. food helped though. liquids only didnt do much.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    paulk wrote: »
    how do you mean hard to tollerate.

swallowing them or keeping them down? presuming you mean keeping them down then have some food immediately beofre so it get dilluted in your stomach.

:)

i sed to take a spoonfull of omega 3 oil. it was really rank. food helped though. liquids only didnt do much.

Keeping it down .. and as you say think the only way is to have it just before a meal.

Like just now had a teaspoon of Flaxseed Oil, which is totally horrid.