Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hannah rants about drug users

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
Hannah's been telling us why she really can't understand why people want to risk their life by taking drugs.

Drug mugs

And please go easy on me, I didn't write it, I'm just the journo/sub!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "What's the point? With me it's so black and white - if you do drugs, you're an idiot. And if you think you're really something special for doing it, then you're even worse. I can't even be bothered to talk to you."

Sums this fucking bitch up really doesn't it.
    Ignorant and not even willing to learn.

Oh, and she smokes and thinks it's fine to go out, drink and act like an idiot.

Erm....hello? Fucking twat.
  • Options
    lol.. reeks of ignorance and hypocrisy.. she doesn't have time for likes of people like us who take drugs? good for her.. we dont have the time for you either :thumb:
  • Options
    Pearly wrote: »
    Hannah's been telling us why she really can't understand why people want to risk their life by taking drugs.

Drug mugs

And please go easy on me, I didn't write it, I'm just the journo/sub!!

Again another example of sheer self contradicting ignorance.
    I could rip that load of bollocks apart line by line, but it doesn't warrant my time.

However, glad to learn that because I don't smoke 40 a day i won't die of lung cancer - cracking. Thanks for that useful insight into your ignorant head, enjoy the vodka and orange.
  • Options
    With me it's so black and white - if you do drugs, you're an idiot.
    Hannah, 21, is studying fashion and culture at university. She loves wearing dresses, heart-shaped necklaces, and drinking red wine.

:chin:
    The fact that I drink and I smoke might make me a complete hypocrite.

Ah well, at least she acknowledges it. Just because your poisons are legal I don't think it gives someone the right to take the moral high ground. Especially when you see the effects of alcohol in A&E at the weekends...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hannah wrote:
    The fact that I drink and I smoke might make me a complete hypocrite. Many people would argue that drink and cigarettes kill more people than any drugs, but I'm not exactly a 40-a-day smoker who puts a shot of vodka in her morning tea. A few drinks and the odd cigarette will hardly have the same effect of sticking a needle in my arm on a regular basis, will it?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Imagine that I'm someone who does no drugs at all (including alcohol and tobacco) and laughs at that.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Sorry i forgot that bit.....

Fucking Twat.
  • Options
    Why did you pick someone who clearly knows nothing about a topic to do this?

"But why do people need a chemical high to dance all night when I can do it on a vodka and orange?"

That would indeed be a very good question if you hadnt completely missed the point of your vodka.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Sorry i forgot that bit.....

Fucking Twat.

x3 :)
  • Options

There isnt any need for that sort of thing, she just sounds like a very immature girl.
  • Options
    lol.. reeks of ignorance and hypocrisy.. she doesn't have time for likes of people like us who take drugs?

Always keen for anyone to send me a rant, ranting about people who are ignorant about drugs if you guys/gals fancy it! Let me know and I will send you the details of how many words and so on...
  • Options
    Always keen for anyone to send me a rant, ranting about people who are ignorant about drugs if you guys/gals fancy it! Let me know and I will send you the details of how many words and so on...

I'm tempted. Need to find some time to do it, (and update my diary too!) but I could interview some friends of mine who work in A&E and see the effects of both...
  • Options
    Why did you pick someone who clearly knows nothing about a topic to do this?

Because it's proving that some people have very strong opinions on things, yet may not actually know a hell of a lot about the subject - it's so we can see what it is people rant about so we can hopefully educate everyone on the different sides of a story. At the end of the day, this is her rant, and no one has to agree with it (I don't always and I'm the one who subs them!) but if it means we learn something from it, then that's what's important.
  • Options

Are you allowed to swear loads in rants?

Oh, and yeah I enjoyed the article. Haven't laughed so much in ages.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    There isnt any need for that sort of thing, she just sounds like a very immature girl.

I know, but this kind of thing really does my head in, and I was just recovering from reading the comments in the other thread...
  • Options
    I'm tempted. Need to find some time to do it, (and update my diary too!) but I could interview some friends of mine who work in A&E and see the effects of both...

Sounds interesting, if you do have time then PM me and I will email you some info before you go ahead and write. It can be from 500 to 900 words.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Hmmm a rant ay? Tempting!

I knew where the article was going as soon as i started reading it, Its her opinion and unfortunately she is coming across very narrow minded
  • Options
    Are you allowed to swear loads in rants?

Yes we can let the odd swear word in, it's a nice stress release, not many places let you use rude words than this place!
  • Options
    Because it's proving that some people have very strong opinions on things, yet may not actually know a hell of a lot about the subject - it's so we can see what it is people rant about so we can hopefully educate everyone on the different sides of a story. At the end of the day, this is her rant, and no one has to agree with it (I don't always and I'm the one who subs them!) but if it means we learn something from it, then that's what's important.

But she didnt even seem to have a strong opinion about it, she was going back and forth and totally contradicting herself. If this was actually a proper fire and brimstone rant about drugs then I can respect that, this seems to be the ramblings of a 13 year old.
  • Options
    she was going back and forth and totally contradicting herself

I think she was very aware she was slightly uneducated about these things and was trying to come across as balanced, yet at the same time showing her fear of drugs and that it is basically that she is scared of feeling out of control - she can't understand why other people aren't as scared of drugs and the implications as she is.
  • Options
    she can't understand why other people aren't as scared of drugs and the implications as she is.

Because we take the time to learn the facts about drugs and the risks involved with using them, before making narrow minded assumptions.
  • Options
    I think she was very aware she was slightly uneducated about these things and was trying to come across as balanced, yet at the same time showing her fear of drugs and that it is basically that she is scared of feeling out of control - she can't understand why other people aren't as scared of drugs and the implications as she is.

But then admits to getting wrecked on vodka, which is exactly the same. Personally, I don't feel particularly "in control" after 10 pints. I assume her opinion is, legal = safe, illegal = dangerous, which probably isn't surprising with all that "Just Say No" bullshit they teach you at school about (illegal) drugs. Anyone ever noticed that while quite a few politicians admit to doing illegal drugs, not one of them ever had a good time on them? Funny that isn't it, since almost everyone else that uses them, does so for precisely this reason.
  • Options
    I assume her opinion is, legal = safe, illegal = dangerous

Of course there is a glimmer of truth in that, but I dont think her argument was going to stretch to the relative safety of various markets.
  • Options
    Umm I'm not trying to sound like a suck-up but it made me think. Before I went onto this part of the messageboard I was very much anti-drugs but you kind folk have changed my mind. Personally I wouldn't do it just because my nerves are shit at the best of times but I can see why people do. The article writer should really read people's points of view on here and stop using the phrase 'to be honest' cuz it invalidates everything she just said.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    budda wrote: »
    There isnt any need for that sort of thing

No there really isn't :no:

It's really great to hear your thoughts, but let's keep things in perspective and say intelligent things to disprove her points if you disagree with them rather than just dragging things down :thumb:
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    No there really isn't :no:

It's really great to hear your thoughts, but let's keep things in perspective and say intelligent things to disprove her points if you disagree with them rather than just dragging things down :thumb:

With all due respect, her rant is hardly polite to people who take drugs, so I wouldn't expect a courteous response. I mean I might have a rant about how you'd have to be crazy to go skydiving (Helen), but I wouldn't go so far as to call anyone who chooses to do so an idiot.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    With all due respect, her rant is hardly polite to people who take drugs, so I wouldn't expect a courteous response.

Yes, I do take your point - Spanner and I were just having a discussion about the idiot comment - but 'fucking twat' isn't really on the same level as 'idiot' and slinging insults isn't a very intelligent response.
    I mean I might have a rant about how you'd have to be crazy to go skydiving (Helen), but I wouldn't go so far as to call anyone who chooses to do so an idiot.

:lol:
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Yes, I do take your point - Spanner and I were just having a discussion about the idiot comment - but 'fucking twat' isn't really on the same level as 'idiot' and slinging insults isn't a very intelligent response.

I could come back with an essay of intelligent remarks referring to that rediculous article, but I'd rather not waste my time on people like that.
    It annoys me, alot, I've had to put up with close friends reacting to my drug use in that way. They've only just started to accept it.
    In my opinion, if someone is going to be plain rude and as ignorant and stubborn as Hannah is, when why should I bother? She deserves to be called a fucking twat in my opinion.
  • Options
    She sounds very ignorant, but pretty much just regurgitating the tabloid line. Some people don't want to look beyond the surface of things.

Meh.

[eta]
    However advertising your wilful ignorance on the internet seems a little silly. But we've all done it at some point.

Meh
  • Options
    She deserves to be called a fucking twat in my opinion.

x2 :yes:
  • Options
    37yr old woman over doses on 2 lots of drugs and household detergent. Shes discharged from Intensive Care ater 3/4 days.

44yr old man, previous IV drug abuser, homeless on release from prison, 'obtained' methadone prior to admission- the poor bastard has been diagnosed with Huntingtons.(degenerative disease of the mind, similar to Parkinsons, although not as severe or rapid decline). He'll probably live to be elderly but needs to be in a residential home now, hes too forgetful and clumsy to be alone.

29yr old alcoholic woman, history of pancreatitis and liver disease. She was fully aware another drink would kill her when she self-discharged from the gastroenterology ward 10days prior.
    She went and drank 1litre of vodka every day until her friend found her collapsed in a pool of blood. Theatre couldnt find and stop the internal bleeding. As her liver had given in it secreted a toxin that made her brain swell(hepatic encephalopathy), her kidneys packed up and so they reduced her oxygen and she died in Intensive Care on wednesday evening.

I hope this isnt too random, i just wanted to a) get a long shit week off my chest, b) highlight what happens to people(albeit in excess).
    Edited to add: Moral of the story in case anyone cant figure it out-the DRUG overdoser will live, the DRUG abuser has something far worse to worry about, the ALCOHOLIC is dead.