Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Foundation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I haven't been using foundation as I'm quite lucky and have pretty good skin. I'm not prone to spots at all, and usually my skin looks pretty good with a light powder on it. I'd quite like to try a foundation cos recently my skin has looked kinda tired- like the rest of me. Can anyone reccomend one?

Comments

• Options
    I invested in a lovely Armani Luminous Silk foundation. I don't wear it too often (so it probably doesn't justify the cost-per-wear) but it always makes my skin look a lot better when I'm tired.

If you're not going to wear a foundation very often, a friend of mine mixes her cheap tinted moisturiser with a little highlighter and it works a treat.
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    I haven't been using foundation as I'm quite lucky and have pretty good skin. I'm not prone to spots at all, and usually my skin looks pretty good with a light powder on it. I'd quite like to try a foundation cos recently my skin has looked kinda tired- like the rest of me. Can anyone reccomend one?
    I have got quite good skin as well, and I have never used foundation because there isn't really any need to. I think I would just drink more water and maybe do a nice face mask or whatever to wake up the skin rather than using foundation.
  • Options
    I use No7 Essential Moisture and I love it :D
    It took me absolutely ages to find one that I liked, and spent a fortune in the process, but I'll definately be sticking to that one in future.

Is it a liquid or powder?
  • Options
    I've just bought that 10hour fatigue one from Bourjois! Not tried it yet, but shall let you know l'outcome! :)

I've been looking very tired too. :no:
  • Options
    I was looking at getting that one too! I love bourjois, I think their make-up is beautiful. Thinking about it, almost all the makeup I wear is bourjois.
  • Options
    I wear Prescriptives Virtual Skin Super-Natural Finish foundation in Real Cream. I have amazing skin (very rarely gets spots) but there's nothing like a flawless alabaster complexion to finish off the look. I'd never wear makeup without creating a flawless base first - I think that's the number one rule.

I don't see the point in putting eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara on, if the base around it isn't perfect.
  • Options
    I wear Prescriptives foundation. I have amazing skin (very rarely gets spots) but there's nothing like a flawless alabaster complexion to finish off the look. I'd never wear makeup without creating a flawless base first - I think that's the number one rule.

I don't see the point in putting eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara on, if the base around it isn't perfect.

Where might one purchase this product? :)
  • Options
    John Lewis, Some House Of Fraser's... big department stores generally.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I've just bought that 10hour fatigue one from Bourjois! Not tried it yet, but shall let you know l'outcome! :)

I've been looking very tired too. :no:

I'm going to get some tomorrow too.