Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How long does it take to get a credit card?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm booking a holiday and trying to arrange car hire. I'm yet to find a car hirer who will accept a debit card - they all seem to say "You must present a credit card in the main Driver's name in order to collect the car. If you are paying with a debit card, you will still be asked to present a credit card in the main driver's name as a guarantee when you collect the vehicle."

Right now, I don't have a credit card - only a Visa Delta debit card. I've never needed nor wanted a credit card so far (I'm now 23) but I'm seriously thinking of getting one (a good 0% deal of course!) for this holiday as it would make it easier to put all the holiday expenses on the card and then sort out who owes me what later on (I'm booking it for a group of us), plus I'm paying for my share out of various different accounts and I'm in the middle of swapping them all about right now, so it would be easier to do it all on the card and, like I say, sort it later.

Thing is, how long does it take from applying for a card to actually getting the card through and being able to use it?

Whilst I'm at it, does anyone have any suggestions for a credit card provider?

*goes to look at moneysupermarket.com* :D

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just wait until the post comes....

Seriously though there are that many companies climbing over each other to give you credit it's a buyers market.
    I've got one through the bank, not fussed about interest e.t.c. because it's for emergencies...and i can't find it anyway.