Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
who will contact you if you have been left anything in someones will?

My nan died last month, my uncle is being an arse bout the whole thing didnt even tell us she had died. She lived in England whilst we are in wales, what I need to know is would it be my uncle who would have to notify me? she had my dads things (he died 9 years ago) and has always said that they would be left to me in her will. which is what makes me think Im written in there. I asked my mum but she doesnt know, as she has nothing to do with that side of the family.

any ideas would be brill.

thanks

emz

Comments

• Options
    You need to contact her solicitor. There will be a reading of the will. The solicitor will usually contact you, but if you want to take some control over the situation I would make yourself known to your nans solicitor.

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    wow that's so mean not even informing your side of the family of the death.

my father's side of the family are getting quite old now - it's like someone new dies every week from their extended family or list of friends.
  • Options
    wow that's so mean not even informing your side of the family of the death.

my father's side of the family are getting quite old now - it's like someone new dies every week from their extended family or list of friends.

mine is quite young and this is the 6th death in 4 months, just hope the year gets better from here!