Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Moped Madness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently turned 16 ( hooray! ) and as far as i am aware, i can drive a moped or motorcycle with a provisional license, how easy is this to do? just send away for license then get the bike, lessons, insuirence mot and tax and stuff?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    1. Send away for your provisional licence.
    2. Look for a local bike training centre and do a CBT (compulsory basic training)

At 16, this will enable you to ride a motorcycle or scooter up to 50cc. On condition that:

You get insurance first
    Have an MOTd / taxed bike
    Ride with L plates and without any pillions

There's also a scooter test, but I don't know much about that. I think if you pass it you're allowed to carry pillions perhaps. I think it's kind of redundant now though. Just wait til you're 17 and do your proper bike test, then you can ride any cc bike (as long as it's <33bhp - though most people get the form saying it has been restricted then take the restrictors out :angel: )
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You don't actually get lessons though, do you? I'm sure I got told it was a one day course. (CBT)