Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

McDonalds Monopoly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would it be fraud or whatever if I was to buy a voucher for a station off of ebay in order to win a TV?

I'm considering it as the chances of me actually finding it are really slim since i don't really go to McDonalds much and i found 2 in one meal strangely.

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    There is a lot of dodgy ones on eBay - for example people selling actual game cards and claiming them to be the McDonalds things and being clever with the wording. Think we need one more to win each one or something daft like that
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My sisters go all the time and have loads with just one missing. I hardly ever go because even when I do eat fast food I prefer Burger King but it's just because I went a couple of times and managed to get vouchers of the same type that I've been interested.
    I've got a Kings Cross if that's any help :)
    They've always got one missing. I went like every single day when they had it and ended up with one missing from about 5 different sets :p
    Go on to moneysavingexpert forums, they've got loads of mcd monopoly swaps going on :)
    Go on to moneysavingexpert forums, they've got loads of mcd monopoly swaps going on :)

haha i thought there would be something like this going on , i had one missing the other day for a TV and i was considering standing up in the middle of mcdonalds and shouting "has anyone got <insert station>??"

But then i'd have looked like a prat :p
    Now what doorknob is actually going to go on there and just get screwed so somebody else can win :p I'll give you the 5mil Boardwalk for St James and Vermont.
    If anyone has Mayfair or Bond St, I will love you forever and ever :heart:.

Btw - Jamie, what station do you need? I have all bar Liverpool St, what with working there and all...
    Franki wrote: »

Btw - Jamie, what station do you need? I have all bar Liverpool St, what with working there and all...

:o I'm pretty sure I had Bond St the other week but because I don't collect them, I threw it away! What could you have won?
    £100,000 :grump:.
    :o I'm pretty sure I had Bond St the other week but because I don't collect them, I threw it away! What could you have won?

£100,000 i think
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Owned :p
    £100,000 :grump:.

Oh :lol:. I would have made you give me at least a third of that if I gave it you :p

Also, I don't think you can win if you are an employee anyways can you?
    I think I should start going to maccy d's!!
    Oh :lol:. I would have made you give me at least a third of that if I gave it you :p

Also, I don't think you can win if you are an employee anyways can you?
    No, but doesn't stop other people getting it for me (i.e. you if you'd kept it :razz: ).

I was thinking about this, and I decided that if someone else found it and shared it with me, then I'd do it 30:60, and then the other £10k would go to charideeeeeeeeee.

Or something...(you can tell I get bored on my breaks, can't ya :p).
    Aye. The thing is, there probably will be only 3 of those Bond Streets in the country so the chance of finding it, is slim. I'm sure I had it though :o
    Aye. The thing is, there probably will be only 3 of those Bond Streets in the country so the chance of finding it, is slim. I'm sure I had it though :o

Exactly, like there's only one Mayfair.
    Bugger :(.
    Dont forget theres only so many of each prize even though you might win, there may be no prize.
    No, because that would be misleading the customer. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that there are only so many of ONE of each colour in circulation, so that the probability of someone actually winning is 1/[howevermanyoftheothersaremade].

Or something. I don't think they'd make just ONE Mayfair, because the likelihood of it being thrown away by staff (because stupid customers change their sodding minds all the fucking time) is too high.

Yeh.

Needtostopthinkingaboutthisnow.
    Space bar Franki! It's your friend :p

On a monopoly but not Maccy D's related note, did you see that they are making a limited edition monopoly using towns in the UK instead of Pall Mall etc? You can vote on it and stuff.
    The space bar is not my friend.

I really should figure out why I do that, because I was trying to explain it, and I couldn't for the life of my figure out why I leave spaces out sometimes. It's probably because I can't be bothered to put - in between the words for some of them, but I don't know about the rest.

I'msureIcarereally ;p.
    I don't think they'd make just ONE Mayfair, because the likelihood of it being thrown away by staff (because stupid customers change their sodding minds all the fucking time) is too high.

Well of course there's only one Mayfair, that's how they control the prizes. They don't print out a lot of Mayfairs and Park Lanes and who ever gets both and claims first gets the prize, that'd be wholly unfair and is not in their T&Cs.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Well of course there's only one Mayfair, that's how they control the prizes. They don't print out a lot of Mayfairs and Park Lanes and who ever gets both and claims first gets the prize, that'd be wholly unfair and is not in their T&Cs.
    But then nobody would win...or the likelihood of nobody winning is much, much higher than the likelihood of someone winning.

And they DO print a whole load of Park Lanes, because I've got about 5.
    Well that's what they do. There'll be 100,000's of Park Lanes but only one Mayfair as there's only 1 house prize. Simmilarly with all the other collect and win prizes there'll be only a few of a certain property in that set, that number being the number of prizes for that set.

I have Kings Cross (Cheers anyway Rubberskin!!) and Marylebone so need the other two if you have any :D I thought my mate had another station but I already had it so need 2 now :(
    Jazza wrote: »
    I have Kings Cross (Cheers anyway Rubberskin!!) and Marylebone so need the other two if you have any :D I thought my mate had another station but I already had it so need 2 now :(
    I dunno if I have any spare Fenchurch St...will have a look later :yes:.
    I won some free porridge oats. :yippe:
    I keep winning apple pies! :sour:
    I have won a free mcflurry and mcchicken sandwich. Would prefer a house or car or something!