Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do you feel...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Like a smack head taking pills? More an more I feel a right dirt bag for doing em.

Anyone else have the same feeling?

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I used to only in terms of my memory getting worse, feeling a bit rougher etc.... My memory was the main reason i slowed it down because it got that bad, still isn't great now!

If your taking them every weekend then slow it down a bit
  • Options
    No never. I wouldn't take them if that's how I felt. They don't make me feel like shit, I don't rely on them and they give me a bloody good time. Having a good, fun, and happy time is not something to be ashamed of. Tabloids and uneducated people don't wash on me.
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Like a smack head taking pills? More an more I feel a right dirt bag for doing em.

Do you mean in terms of the physical effects? Or in terms of the social attitude?

If its the former, then you need to test your pills and make sure you arent using crap. If its the latter, then thats your issue to deal with or not.
  • Options
    No I don't. Like Vicky said, I don't care what people who don't know anything about drugs say.

If you are taking good Ecstasy pills, then there's nothing dirty about it at all!

The only time I feel like a scabby bastard, is after like a 2 or 3 night bender when I haven't washed, slept or eaten and I just feel generally dirty and I need to get myself cleaned up before I go out or continue. But that's not the drug, it's just me liking to keep clean.
  • Options
    No i don't feel like a smack head, i enjoy taking them and the only time i feel like a dirty tramp is after staying out a couple of nights eating them and you all of a sudden feel like something that came up the canal.
  • Options
    lol the only time i feel 'smacky' is when you get the odd dirty dirty pill with a real chemical feel to em

those white playstations with the black speckles a few years back :yuck:
  • Options
    No.

I sometimes feel extremely seedy when trekking home - when all you can think about is getting out of the manky clothes you have on, having a bath, brushing your teeth and chiiiiiiiiiiilling out. I hate getting public transport home when that is the situation.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    I sometimes feel extremely seedy when trekking home - when all you can think about is getting out of the manky clothes you have on, having a bath, brushing your teeth and chiiiiiiiiiiilling out. I hate getting public transport home when that is the situation.

:yes:

:lol: It's a fucking grim feeling isn't it.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    :yes:

:lol: It's a fucking grim feeling isn't it.

especially when you're a girl and you have to walk through town when people are out shopping and you're there lookin like a tramp in a minidress, high heels and last nights make up :o
  • Options
    Happens to me when I'm out partying too, all dirty with stains all over your clothes and people out doing their daily business just glaring at you. Feel like a right tramp.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    especially when you're a girl and you have to walk through town when people are out shopping and you're there lookin like a tramp in a minidress, high heels and last nights make up :o

Lol Yeah I can imagine that's even worse.

I hate it when I come out of raves in London and I get on the tubes, and there's all these people going to work and it's like reality smacking you in the face. They're all smartly dressed and going off to work, and I'm sitting there in these dirty sweaty clothes, with unbrushed teeth and just looking like a general state....physically exhausted and coming down...like a motherfucker.
  • Options
    But generally no. Doing pills doesn't make me feel like a smack head because I enjoy them so much., Theyre part of my social life now and not only that buy my mates are totally understanding that its what I wana do and are actually getting curious themselves. So its all good :)
    Some of my old uni mates would have kicked my arse and made me feel like a stupid dirtbag if they'd found out. So thats why they're never going to.
  • Options

lol
    Do you mean in terms of the physical effects? Or in terms of the social attitude?

If its the former, then you need to test your pills and make sure you arent using crap. If its the latter, then thats your issue to deal with or not.

the social aspect I suppose.

I guess its more to do with me still doing them after what happened. Lack of respect? for myself? People are mythed I still drop pills, that alone gets me.

Thing is, I don't feel the need to stop and I've practically brushed off, erm... 'the new years incident' like it never happened. Something like that should have been a wake up call to sort myself out, but it never did, I still drop, an never really think twice about it. I remember dropping on my own in my room with the headphones glued to my ears for hours, it worries me, things like that, where I didn't even realize until someone told me how pretty fucked up that was. I've cut down tremendously the past few months though, maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit.

Anyway I'm just rambling :razz:
  • Options
    remember dropping on my own in my room with the headphones glued to my ears for hours, it worries me, things like that, where I didn't even realize until someone told me how pretty fucked up that was.

ive never done that but i think it could be pretty cool just to do once or twice... just to chill.. and you've all your own tunes to get into and just to sit and think
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    ive never done that but i think it could be pretty cool just to do once or twice... just to chill.. and you've all your own tunes to get into and just to sit and think

After saying that I've never do that because it was pointless, I did it a few weeks ago.

It was alright, quite nice listening to tunes and I watched Stephen King's Sleepwalkers, which was just well fucked up and trippy.
    Problem was that I kept feeling like there was something that I should be doing or wanted to do, but I couldn't. Instead I was trapped inside my house with not alot to do. That was kind of frustrating but yeah it was quite nice.
  • Options
    After saying that I've never do that because it was pointless, I did it a few weeks ago.

It was alright, quite nice listening to tunes and I watched Stephen King's Sleepwalkers, which was just well fucked up and trippy.
    Problem was that I kept feeling like there was something that I should be doing or wanted to do, but I couldn't. Instead I was trapped inside my house with not alot to do. That was kind of frustrating but yeah it was quite nice.

yea that agitated feeling where you dont know what to be at, know exactly what ya mean!
  • Options

Sometimes but only if im around my snobbier mates who don't do them on a cum down which i usually try to avoid like the plague.

Mostly i don't mind come downs as long as i can just chill. i tend to space out alot and eating takes ages ..

Sometimes i feel guilty as fuck cos of all the lying to my parents but overall i love them .. cant beat the buzz !
  • Options
    I hate it when I come out of raves in London and I get on the tubes, and there's all these people going to work and it's like reality smacking you in the face.

I love that!!
    Just because you know there going to work and that your going home to a nice warm bed and lots of sleep!
    Especially if it was a good night and your still a little bit mashed.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    I love that!!
    Just because you know there going to work and that your going home to a nice warm bed and lots of sleep!
    Especially if it was a good night and your still a little bit mashed.

Lol Yeah at Tranz-Mission, I dropped just before the end of the rave so I was still buzzing for the journey, which makes it better.

But still, don't you feel really dirty and scruffy? Also, I find that when you're pilled up at a rave...it becomes like a fantasy world...lol sounds strange but do you know what I mean? You're in this dark place for hours, pilled up, raving to good music with laser lighting everywhere and glowsticks e.t.c. It's like a little paradise, and when you come out and it's daylight and there are people going to work...it's like reality, and a definiate sign that you're amazing night is over.
  • Options
    i hate using public transport after a heavy night because there are bright lights and sick old people coughing loud children weird smells ...
  • Options
    i hate using public transport after a heavy night because there are bright lights and sick old people coughing loud children weird smells ...

Lol I remember coming out of a rave in London in the winter once, I didn't have a coat or anything, I was FREEZING, on a come down, knackered, and the trains were all delayed. I was in such a bad mood and there was some girl at the train station...I don't know if she was special needs or anything, but she kept like running around the place banging on tins...it was doing my head in and eventually I just stood up and shouted "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" at the top of my voice! Lol, that's really unlike me, but I was in such a bad mood.
  • Options
    Lol I remember coming out of a rave in London in the winter once, I didn't have a coat or anything, I was FREEZING, on a come down, knackered, and the trains were all delayed. I was in such a bad mood and there was some girl at the train station...I don't know if she was special needs or anything, but she kept like running around the place banging on tins...it was doing my head in and eventually I just stood up and shouted "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" at the top of my voice! Lol, that's really unlike me, but I was in such a bad mood.

:lol::lol: hahaha .. actually laughing !

I know what you mean though i usually don't mind children but they FUCK ME OFF when im on a come down, when i used to have to be on a till all day with the really shit music and the really white lights and the annoying customers with screaming brats
  • Options
    I had it once after a drum and bass rave where there was 3 of us on a long train ride home.
    None of us could get this tune out our heads that had been played that night, but in an annoying way...

every 5 mins someone would start humming it and it got really annoying really quickly lol
  • Options

Ah, the walk of shame. I remember it well :angel:

I enjoyed my time(s) doing pills, I only ever felt like a manky git on the aforementioned walk of shame and even that wasn't too bad as in my first phase of doing 'em it basically involved staggering through the city centre at 10am in a tracksuit frothing at the mouth and feeling like shit run over twice. Obviously I blended right in, it was Sunderland :razz:

When I did 'em more recently I used to feel a bit scummy when I would mention my activities to people at Uni, work etc (though I stopped doing that sharpish). I guess their attitude used to affect how I felt about it a bit... but funnily enough I always managed to forget those feelings when the time came to drop :D

If it's just a case of other people's attitudes then fuck 'em, if it makes you feel shit and like a person you don't wanna be then that's something more to think about I reckon...
  • Options
    the walk of shame ..

every saturday morning wherever i end up staying i always have to walk to my mates house usually in hotpants with my hair no longer shiny and sleek but a big bush of mess ..

last saturday i walked through town in some guys trackies (back to front) no shoes on and still drunk. people were actually backing away from me .. usually i would have been highly embarassed but i was still hammered so i was alll good :)
  • Options
    I remember crashing at my mates house in Islington after a heavy night out in Angle. He lived in the smallest house ever and it had no windows; in the middle of an August heatwave it was horrible. So wasn't feeling very refreshed.

At least I had the joy that is the northern line to look forward too to get home. For 20 mins I was shook around in a hot, dirty and stuffy tube feeling like shit. Have to say that was the hangover journey ever. I really do think the tube is the worst thing ever when hungover especially when its a hot day.

:thumb:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    I had it once after a drum and bass rave where there was 3 of us on a long train ride home.
    None of us could get this tune out our heads that had been played that night, but in an annoying way...

every 5 mins someone would start humming it and it got really annoying really quickly lol

Lol That sounds like it could have been quite funny...I'm sure it wasn't at the time though.

Calvin - Yeah the heat REALLY doesn't help matters. Epescially when the tubes are crowded and you have no air...ahh.
  • Options
    You're all talkin about public transport, tubes etc. I had to get an Edinburgh to Belfast flight alone, the morning after a sesh on acid and ecstacy. It was one of those nights when I didn't intend on getting wasted, but it happened anyway.

The airport was busy as fuck, my head was totally melted and I was still tripping like a motherfucker. I remember being in the x-ray machine queue which had about 200 people in it snaking back and forth. So I was standing in the queue with two lines of people facing my direction both sides. People's faces were all coloured, distorted and bubbly, with their features sliding about the place. I was proper freaking out and sweating like a smack-head. I was so paranoid about having drugs on me from the night before. I must have frantically searched all my pockets about 4 or 5 times at least.

One of those times when you're sure everyone is looking at you. Then my phone (which was on silent) went off in my pocket, and the vibration scared the fuck out of me! I jumped a mile when it went off, and got some pretty funny looks. It was my friends calling me to take the piss because they knew I'd be in the airport so I decided not to answer, seeing as my head was fragged enough already.

I put in my headphones and tried to zone out. I remember listening to Jimmy Jazz by The Clash, and I can no longer listen to it, because it reminds me too much of that nightmare. Never go on the sesh the night before you're going to be in an airport.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    You're all talkin about public transport, tubes etc. I had to get an Edinburgh to Belfast flight alone, the morning after a sesh on acid and ecstacy. It was one of those nights when I didn't intend on getting wasted, but it happened anyway.

The airport was busy as fuck, my head was totally melted and I was still tripping like a motherfucker. I remember being in the x-ray machine queue which had about 200 people in it snaking back and forth. So I was standing in the queue with two lines of people facing my direction both sides. People's faces were all coloured, distorted and bubbly, with their features sliding about the place. I was proper freaking out and sweating like a smack-head. I was so paranoid about having drugs on me from the night before. I must have frantically searched all my pockets about 4 or 5 times at least.

One of those times when you're sure everyone is looking at you. Then my phone (which was on silent) went off in my pocket, and the vibration scared the fuck out of me! I jumped a mile when it went off, and got some pretty funny looks. It was my friends calling me to take the piss because they knew I'd be in the airport so I decided not to answer, seeing as my head was fragged enough already.

I put in my headphones and tried to zone out. I remember listening to Jimmy Jazz by The Clash, and I can no longer listen to it, because it reminds me too much of that nightmare. Never go on the sesh the night before you're going to be in an airport.

Harsh !

I had to sit in a car with my family for a five hour drive listening to my dad constantly asking questions and singing and i had to pretend i was just fine after a particulary hetic night
  • Options

Once many moons ago - I got out of this club where it had been soo hot inside that it had been raining from all the sweat - and therefore was feeling really dirty to start with and then when we got to the tube station i discovered (i'd been out of the country for a bit) that they'd bloody well gone and changed the size of a 50p piece!

OMG i went mental - i'm not entirely sure why but it totally flipped me out and my very lovely friend had to try and calm me down about it.

I've done the walk of shame as well - or worse gone straight from the club into school and slept in the common room - I think i felt a bit dirty then.