Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not eating breakfast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I always use to eat breakfast. Always. But over the last few months (since Xmas maybe) I've been cutting it down to nothing. It used to be two slices of toast, this went down to one slice of toast, to one slice of bread and even now I'm not eating every morning. I just dont fancy eating in the mornings anymore. Which isnt like me.

Comments

• Options
    Why? Because you physically dont feel like food or because you dont want to eat?
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote: »
    Why? Because you physically dont feel like food or because you dont want to eat?

Both. I couldnt face anything this morning as I felt sick. It more not wanting to eat when before I would happily do so. I have a messed up realtionship with food at the best of times anyway.
  • Options
    I usually find when i'm up early for school, i'm not hungry. I don't start getting hungry till about 7.30, but i don't have time to wait til then. I was only eating 2 slices of toast but would be hungry by the time i got into school, now i slowly eat a bowl of porridge in the morning and it really helps.
  • Options
    Could you make yourself have something to eat and what would happen if you did?
  • Options
    Could you make yourself have something to eat and what would happen if you did?

I make myself breakfast but I just dont eat it. If I do it it stays down but it does make me feel nauseous.
  • Options
    Maybe try fruit juice instead?
  • Options
    Maybe try fruit juice instead?

Or thick milkshakes as they might be more filling :)
  • Options
    It takeds me a while to get an appetite. Are you getting up ealry and leaving the house, coz I need a while before I get hungry enough for breaky.
  • Options
    I find I'm rarely eating breakfast these days cos I'm in uni and mostly hungover and the kitchen is a mess so I avoid it.
  • Options
    I make myself breakfast but I just dont eat it. If I do it it stays down but it does make me feel nauseous.

Yeah I have the same thing, nothing before 10:30.
  • Options
    Always eat breakfast, you gotta to have something small to start the day off, cant be getting up and munching chips and pizza into for the first bit of food for the day.
  • Options
    these past few weeks have been the same and with the trouble i was havin with my bf last week i didnt feel like eatin till like about 4pm
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I find I'm rarely eating breakfast these days cos I'm in uni and mostly hungover and the kitchen is a mess so I avoid it.

:lol: i had to eat out a pot after making something in that kitchen

i rarely eat breakfast but ive been tryin more recently
  • Options
    If not eating breakfast is not causing you problems then don't force yourself to eat it.