Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Did these women get off easy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://society.guardian.co.uk/children/story/0,,2062421,00.html

http://society.guardian.co.uk/children/story/0,,2062116,00.html

I reckon the grand mother should have at least got a week or two of jail time since she stated it's good to toughen people up.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think they ALL deserved jail time - and more than a week or two!

It beggars belief what they did, I struggle to think of anything more stomach wrenching than making toddlers fight - It even says that they were crying and didn't want to fight back but they made them - that's fucking awful! If anyone did anything like that to my son I would beat the living shit out of them.

Grrr.
    The boy, who is wearing just a nappy and a T-shirt, is then floored by a blow from his sister and lies on the floor crying.
    After clambering on to an armchair to escape, he buries his head under a cushion but a woman in the room tells him: "Get up - don't be a wimp all your life."

:mad: :mad: :banghead:
    I cant believe they got away with it.
    Well done to the father for shopping his cunt of a wife. What a bunch of total fucking bitches.
    you get more punishment for dog fighting!!!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Got away? Doesn't it say they're in for 2 years?
    Definitely not enough, but it's not "got away". Unless I misread.
    Suspended sentence and community service.
    Littleali wrote: »

Exactly, madness:banghead:
    Are these women unique?

If they had been men, would they have gotten the same punishments?
    "SELMER, Tenn. _ A preacher's wife will serve only a few years in prison _ and maybe no time at all _ after being convicted of voluntary manslaughter, instead of murder, for shooting her husband.
    And while people in this small west Tennessee town are glad to see the trial end, many people still have questions about what sort of punishment is fair for a woman who shot her husband in the back."

http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/ap-tennessee-town-split-over-fair-sentence-for-preachers-wife/90559.htm

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/141765.aspx

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3058543

Butcher gets 23-to-life for slashing wife to death

"The judge said the jury rejected the defense offered by Parra's lawyer, David Blackstone, who admitted that his client killed his wife of three years, but did it while suffering extreme emotional disturbance because she had left him...

If the jury had found Parra acted under extreme emotional disturbance, the charge would have dropped to first-degree manslaughter, which carries a maximum sentence of 25 years."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/04/09/butcher.sentenced.ap/index.html?eref=rss_law
    I can't even think about this story, I've read it a few times and seen it on the news and it makes me want to be sick, its absolutely DISGUSTING.

I'm just thankful for the fact that the children are being cared for by the husbands family now, and not those animals.
    Hanging's too good for scum like that. Sterilisation should be the very least society should give people like that.
    they didn't get justice imo
    it's blatant child abuse by some sadistic bitches, but they aren't strangers or male so it's less punishable somehow :s

let's hope the children involved get the help they need so they don't land up the same
    http://society.guardian.co.uk/children/story/0,,2062421,00.html

http://society.guardian.co.uk/children/story/0,,2062116,00.html

I reckon the grand mother should have at least got a week or two of jail time since she stated it's good to toughen people up.

There is some psychological research to suggest that this sort of behaviour does "toughen up" the recipient.
    Littleali wrote: »

And not paying your council tax.:rolleyes:

That's just disguting tbh - not that much of a punishment if you ask me.
    seeker wrote: »
    There is some psychological research to suggest that this sort of behaviour does "toughen up" the recipient.

I'm sure it does but if everyone was at it we'd all be fighting non stop.
    If they are the primary carers for the children then sending them to jail is troublesome, so I'm unsure about them doing time. They should have got 600+ hours of community service instead.
    budda wrote: »
    If they are the primary carers for the children then sending them to jail is troublesome, so I'm unsure about them doing time. They should have got 600+ hours of community service instead.

that would be good, why cant judges give massive community sentences?
    budda wrote: »

Should they be the primary carers? Surely the whole case is about them abuisng children which does suggest that it may not be in the best interests of the child

Also I think custody has been given to the Dad and his parents (at least of the boy)...
    But they were ill-educated, had few advantages in life, and did not realise what they were doing was abhorrent.
    So that makes it ok then?

Absolutely ridiculous.
    Yes they got off easy, CO is far too easy for this crime. They should go to prison and have the shit kicked out of them.
    I know a really hard Italian family - the same thing happened to one of the girls. She is now the most violent creature you could ever imagine.
    Also I think custody has been given to the Dad and his parents (at least of the boy)...

Yeah, I'm sure I read that somehwere (local paper I think) that that's the case for now.
    Sofie wrote: »
    And not paying your council tax.:rolleyes:

You can lose custody of your children for non-payment????

I know what you meant really

Personally, I think that greater custodial time should have been served. However, I don't know all the facts, just the headlines which will, of course, have been sensationalised as usual.