Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How Do I Stop Getting Drunk So Easily?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Uprising wrote: »
    Enjoy your low tolerance, less damage and less money spent. Doing things in excess aint clever... I know the feeling you may want to party all night drinking etc but you'll soon realise. I've built up a right tolerance from opiates, benzos, weed, coke and I'm only 18. Enjoy it while it lasts. :thumb:

Fair point. However, it is a bit embarrassing being such a lightweight compared to everyone else. And just to make everything slightly worse, had a BBQ and a few drinks last summer and everyone (pretty much) knew I was pissed after half a can of Carlsberg and a mouthful of whisky.:blush:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    But the alternative is to get a high tolerance and all the associated health issues? I don't understand what the problem is, if you know your limits why worry about what everyone else thinks, if the aim of drinking is to relax and have a good time?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Fair point. However, it is a bit embarrassing being such a lightweight compared to everyone else. And just to make everything slightly worse, had a BBQ and a few drinks last summer and everyone (pretty much) knew I was pissed after half a can of Carlsberg and a mouthful of whisky.:blush:

Think of the money you save compared to everybody else.!!
  • Options
    yea i used to think it was brilliant to be able to smoke em all under the table, drink em all under the table, take more e's, snort more speed, go for days .. thought i was being the big man

but whos losin out in the long run... burnin a big hole in my pocket and a bigger hole in my body

wish i was a lightweight :thumb:
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote: »
    But the alternative is to get a high tolerance and all the associated health issues? I don't understand what the problem is, if you know your limits why worry about what everyone else thinks, if the aim of drinking is to relax and have a good time?

I'm not worried about what everyone else thinks/says. I just want to be able to have more than one drink without feeling like crap.
  • Options
    The more you drink the more your tolerance will go up, it wont take long before you can drink more I wouldn't imagine. When that happens you'll probably look back and wish you had a low tolerance again hehe.
  • Options
    I'm not worried about what everyone else thinks/says. I just want to be able to have more than one drink without feeling like crap.

have one drink and then drink soft drinks or juice after that?
    Doesnt take much to get me drunk, therefore i dont drink much. I dont get what the big deal is???

Drink shandy maybe?
  • Options
    stop drinking then it that simple!
  • Options
    have one drink and then drink soft drinks or juice after that?

Doesn't make that much difference.
  • Options
    I'm still not sure why though, if one drink gets you to the same place that someone else needs 5 for, surely that's a good thing?
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Vier is differen't from normal Becks. It's at something like 3% or 4% dead on.

sorry mate, was talking about Budvar, the czech beer, which is about ~4,8%

I do not know the Becks Vier.

little misunderstanding.
  • Options
    I'm still not sure why though, if one drink gets you to the same place that someone else needs 5 for, surely that's a good thing?

No, I wouldn't think so at all...

Say your plans were to go out for the night, to a pub and then on to a club...
    Yeah you can drink slowly but if your smashed after 2 drinks then your hardly going to last the whole night out and it would spoil it for you.
  • Options
    Umm, so don't drink more? Who says you have to keep drinking? IMO, this is so indicative of the kind of peer pressure and/or normalisation of excessive drinking that concerns so many people.
  • Options
    Umm, so don't drink more? Who says you have to keep drinking? IMO, this is so indicative of the kind of peer pressure and/or normalisation of excessive drinking that concerns so many people.

I can see where your coming from. But looking at it from my point of view and how I would feel, the person might just enjoy a drink...

I know on a Friday after a hard week at work I love a few pints down the pub. If I got really drunk after one pint it would annoy me that having any more would make me ill...
    Its nothing to do with peer pressure, its just my personal taste of enjoying a few drinks at the weekend.
  • Options

Not everyone drinks to get drunk though. :rolleyes:

Some people like to just drink for the social aspect of being able to sit and enjoy a few drinks with their mates. If I go down to the pub for a few drinks I have no intention of getting bladdered.
  • Options
    So have a non alcoholic drink between alcoholic ones? I'm just really curious because this wouldn't be a problem in my world, so I'm trying to understand.
  • Options
    So have a non alcoholic drink between alcoholic ones? I'm just really curious because this wouldn't be a problem in my world, so I'm trying to understand.

Well personally I find drinking non-alcoholic things like soft drinks gets pretty sickening after a few because of the sugar and sweetness.

Also when I'm out drinking if I drank say a coke between each pint it would disrupt my drinking and I probably wouldn't enjoy the pint as much. You get a taste for something when you're out drinking. I'd find it hard to just switch from say a pint of beer or glass of wine to a coke, and then back again. Same way I wouldn't eat a bit of my dinner, then some dessert, then some dinner again.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    Also when I'm out drinking if I drank say a coke between each pint it would disrupt my drinking and I probably wouldn't enjoy the pint as much. You get a taste for something when you're out drinking. I'd find it hard to just switch from say a pint of beer or glass of wine to a coke, and then back again. Same way I wouldn't eat a bit of my dinner, then some dessert, then some dinner again.

Yeah, I think its pretty much the same for me...