Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How Do I Stop Getting Drunk So Easily?

I admit I don't drink that often and when I do, it's one, maybe two cans or bottles and that's it - I'm drunk.

Does anyone know why and how the hell do I stop becoming drunk after only a few?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RU-21 is supposed to work but no idea if it does as there's quite a few urban myths surrounding it.

Aside from that, always go out on a full stomach with bread-type things. ie, pizza. No salad or shit like that.
  • Options
    And try low acholol larger like Carling C2, it's alright if you wanna few beers and not feel pissed, tis on 2% :blush:, same as Bud Silver which I actually think is nicer than the regular stuff.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    same as Bud Silver which I actually think is nicer than the regular stuff.

That's 'cause regular Bud is horrible :razz: Budvar is nice but I'm not too sure on its vol. Though if you're after decent tasting low alcohol beers, give Becks Vier a try.
  • Options
    I remember the days when I could get trashed on a few alcopops.. I'm still a lightweight though :)

Sofie, its just because you have a low tolerance because you don't drink very often. And as Kiezo said, make sure you drink on a full stomach.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    That's 'cause regular Bud is horrible :razz: Budvar is nice but I'm not too sure on its vol. Though if you're after decent tasting low alcohol beers, give Becks Vier a try.

~4,8%

It's not a particularly light beer...

@sophie. drink lighter beers like a few pils sorts, or light-beers (bad translation I guess, not talking about diet beers or sumthing :yuck: ). Do not drink on empty stomach and eat something that sucks liquid up, like bread, toast, pizza, etc. drink on fresh air, and move around (as opposed to sit in a smokey pub) if possible.

since alcoholic tolerance is something quickly built up, you could just get sloshed more regularly as well and voilá, you can take more.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    ~4,8%

It's not a particularly light beer...

Vier is differen't from normal Becks. It's at something like 3% or 4% dead on.
  • Options
    Usual shit really - don't mix things, always have a good meal before you go out etc.

I find that my surroundings affect things too. If I'm on a big night out I'll get drunk quickly and it gets worse through the night, but like tonight me and my flatmate had a few beers on the balcony having a deep as fuck conversation about birds and stuff - could've drunk all night and I still probably wouldn't be that pissed.
  • Options
    I usually eat pasta before I go out to drink. Works a treat :thumb:
  • Options
    So it's just because I don't drink that often and need to eat more before drinking?

Thank you.
  • Options
    Tolerance to alchohol is like most things. You do it more often and your body will become a little more tolerant to it. But everyone has their own limit ultimately. If your a 6 stone, whisp of a person your never gonna be able to hold the booze of a 30 stone giant.
    But a good feed and some training will probably change matters if thats what you want.
  • Options
    Something stodgy before you go out, like everyone else said.

I find that drinking a pint of milk before I go out helps sometimes - lines the stomach.

Also perhaps having a drink of water for every drink you have might help?
  • Options
    Someone did mention the milk thing to me a while back, but I'm lactose intolerant so it's useless to me.

Don't think I've ever drank water for every drink I've had - but I normally just have a few and that's it.
  • Options
    Perhaps try drinking different things (although not mixing drinks within a night) to see which effects you the least.
    I could drink a few pints of lager and be pissed, couple glasses of wine instead and I'd probably be more drunk but yet if i was purely on alcopops I could probably drink them all night and not be half as drunk
  • Options
    It was always a mars bar and a pint of blue-top milk for me, I have to say. Nipping into the corner shop on the way out has saved me many-a-time.

Two slices of toast a banana and a brew works too, but I always seemed to get the strange feeling that that was supper, quickly followed by an overwhelming desire to go to bed... :razz:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Drink weaker drinks, less often and more slowly.
    There really isn't anything else to it.

If you eat a sizable meal before drinking you'll find it harder to drink so fast, and the alcohol will take a little longer to absorb.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    binge drink on an empty stomach everyday for a month. that will soon get your tolerance up.
  • Options
    Tolerance to alchohol is like most things. You do it more often and your body will become a little more tolerant to it. But everyone has their own limit ultimately. If your a 6 stone, whisp of a person your never gonna be able to hold the booze of a 30 stone giant.
    But a good feed and some training will probably change matters if thats what you want.

Yea, someone did a study on tolerance and said some people can change their drinking habits but it's not going to change how their body can process the alcohol, although some eople can get used to it.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I find that drinking a pint of milk before I go out helps sometimes - lines the stomach.

Ugh whatever you do do not do this. It's the most riduculous of urban myths. I've seen people whitey up weird... white... chunky... shit if they start drinking too soon before drinking the milk too.

Seriously, steer clear. Also give the legal herbal supplement 'RU-21' a try.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote: »
    binge drink on an empty stomach everyday for a month. that will soon get your tolerance up.

Yeah, because I really want to feel like crap for a month and screw up my liver in the process.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I find that I get pissed fairly quickly, but then the gap between pissed and absolutely wrecked is quite big. I seem to get the same amount drunk if I have 4 or 10. I don't know whether my body's just quick at processing it, and after a while I'm just maintaining a constant level.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Yeah, because I really want to feel like crap for a month and screw up my liver in the process.:rolleyes:

798325_3d871009b0.jpg
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Ugh whatever you do do not do this. It's the most riduculous of urban myths. I've seen people whitey up weird... white... chunky... shit if they start drinking too soon before drinking the milk too.

a steak and a pint of milk works wonders for me a few hours before a mad one

so i disagree!
  • Options
    z- wrote: »

so i disagree!

Well that argument is pretty specious and not exactly falsifiable :razz:
  • Options
    im not one to whitey up stuff anyway ;)
  • Options
    z- wrote: »

so i disagree!

Wouldn't this depend alot on what you drink alcohol wise?
  • Options
    well eat before you go out and well don't drinkstrong stuff me half a can of stella atrois and im tipsy so yh ur not as half as bad as me so meh
  • Options
    well eat before you go out and well don't drinkstrong stuff me half a can of stella atrois and im tipsy so yh ur not as half as bad as me so meh

Learn how to form a proper sentence.

It is very annoying trying to read shitty posts like that.
    Punctuation should help.
  • Options
    I had probably my worst hungover in a good few years today. All kicking on from friday. Was out on the piss drinking vodka and red bulls, then went back to my mates' flat about 2am. They had no drink though so I did a mission to my sister's flat and 'borrowed' a bottle of smirnoff vodka, bottle of absolut peppar vodka and a bottle of ouzo. So between us we finished those off during Friday night through to Saturday morning.
    Glorious day on the Saturday so by about lunchtime we decided to head down to the meadows in Edinburgh. Went to the off license and I bought 6 pint bottles of Magners for drinking in the sunshine. Finished those then went to the pub to watch the United FA Cup game. Could barely keep my head up in the pub so walked home at half time pissed as fuck. Nearly got in a fight with my asbo-cunt of a neighbour but I can't really remember what happened. Then I fell asleep in my bath.

Have puked up all sorts of fleshy horribleness today. It's so disgusting that the taste just makes me sick again instantly after bringing it up and I get stuck in a perpetual cycle of vomit nastiness. My stomach is torn to shreds and alcohol is a cunt. No comedown has ever treated me this harshly. Viva illegal drugs.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    I had probably my worst hungover in a good few years today. All kicking on from friday. Was out on the piss drinking vodka and red bulls, then went back to my mates' flat about 2am. They had no drink though so I did a mission to my sister's flat and 'borrowed' a bottle of smirnoff vodka, bottle of absolut peppar vodka and a bottle of ouzo. So between us we finished those off during Friday night through to Saturday morning.
    Glorious day on the Saturday so by about lunchtime we decided to head down to the meadows in Edinburgh. Went to the off license and I bought 6 pint bottles of Magners for drinking in the sunshine. Finished those then went to the pub to watch the United FA Cup game. Could barely keep my head up in the pub so walked home at half time pissed as fuck. Nearly got in a fight with my asbo-cunt of a neighbour but I can't really remember what happened. Then I fell asleep in my bath.

Have puked up all sorts of fleshy horribleness today. It's so disgusting that the taste just makes me sick again instantly after bringing it up and I get stuck in a perpetual cycle of vomit nastiness. My stomach is torn to shreds and alcohol is a cunt. No comedown has ever treated me this harshly. Viva illegal drugs.

to the original poster: this is the reason why your low tolerance is a good thing. lol.
  • Options
    Enjoy your low tolerance, less damage and less money spent. Doing things in excess aint clever... I know the feeling you may want to party all night drinking etc but you'll soon realise. I've built up a right tolerance from opiates, benzos, weed, coke and I'm only 18. Enjoy it while it lasts. :thumb: