Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Socks

Does anyone actually match their socks these days? I wear odd socks everyday, just wondered if i was missin a trick or something :chin:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I can't find a pair I'm happy enough to wear odd socks.
    I wear odd socks quite often as I usually run out of matching pairs before I do my washing :D
    I always wear matching socks. It doesn't feel right to wear odd ones to me.
    ^^Yes. ALl my socks are identical. Same brand, same size, same style, but I can tell if they aren't the original match and it annoys me all day. The bands wont have the same elasticity or one will be slightly thinner than the other or a bit more worn. Ugh I hate it so much. When I put away my whites I usually try on the socks before matching them to be sure, otherwise I'll spend 10 minutes in the morning trying to find the right pair.
    my_name wrote: »
    ^^Yes. ALl my socks are identical. Same brand, same size, same style, but I can tell if they aren't the original match and it annoys me all day. The bands wont have the same elasticity or one will be slightly thinner than the other or a bit more worn. Ugh I hate it so much. When I put away my whites I usually try on the socks before matching them to be sure, otherwise I'll spend 10 minutes in the morning trying to find the right pair.

Freak :p

I never wear the same colour, or even the same brand. But i can't be doing with wearing one thick sock, and one thin one. That'd bug me all day.
    Mine get matched up as they're put to dry on the airer...then they're paired together before being put away. Hate wearing odd socks, the days that I end up doing are always the days I end up without my shoes on and someone notices.
    I've never really thought that people seeing me wear odd socks was much of a problem? You tellin me people think im a peasant or something?! :(
    I used to wear odd socks all the time becasue someone told me it was good luck- er???? Anyway, I don't care now, but one thick and one thin would be super annoying!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Most of mine are of two similar types so its difficult to get wrong. But I normally whack on the first two I find - pair or no pair.
    i wear kiddy character socks....so they HAVE to match.
    Lacy wrote: »
    I've never really thought that people seeing me wear odd socks was much of a problem? You tellin me people think im a peasant or something?! :(

My friends seem to have a problem, they comment and take the mick every time anyone has odd socks on.
    I tend to pair mine up. It doesn't bother me too much when they're odd but then I don't really wear socks all that much anyway.
    Most of mine are the same so it doesn't matter. But i do like them to match.
    Life is too short to match socks. When I'm getting my socks, if there are two that look vaguely the same then I'll grab them, but I'm not going to spend any extra time looking.

Thick sock/thin sock can be a little annoying, but even that doesn't concern me all that much. I have been known to go out in one sport trainer sock, and one knee high pink and black stripy sock cause they were the first two I came across.
    All of my socks are bright colours and I haven't got any the same shade or pattern so I instantly know if they are a pair or not. Always wear matching pairs cos I match them up when they come out of the drier..
    Yes. I'd probably look really stupid if my socks didn't match. (none of my socks are the same)
    I wear matching socks usually.

I have to say that I have a bazillion pair as well, and spend a bit more on socks than just the average. I have socks for a number of different occasions. People should take their socks more serious.
    I have more important things to worry about like whether my left eyeliner matches my right :D
    No, but I know lots of folk who do.

I worry about them matching because I wear those crazy patterened ones from Primark.

I don't really care when it's a pair of black socks.

God, when I'm indoors on a Saturday night actually talking about this it shows how grim my life actually is.
    I match my socks, when i'm putting my washing away I will spend time finding the pairs and then ball them up and put them away.
    I'm surprised by how many don't mind! hehe, I always match mine. Well, except same brand/same colour kind of socks that all look the same.
    Lacy wrote: »
    Freak :p

I never wear the same colour, or even the same brand. But i can't be doing with wearing one thick sock, and one thin one. That'd bug me all day.

I know. Its beyond help :(

I got a new pack of socks, new brand and look, when I visited my parents over easter and doing the whites has never been so easy cuz for one more wash I don't have to worry about it finding the match :o

I actually contemplate writing numbers on the souls :p
    I mostly wear odd socks too. Starts conversations, there is always some original person who says 'OOH YOU'RE WEARING ODD SOCKS'.

But I wear em cuz I cant be arsed rooting around and my washing machine eats stuff
    I never wear matched socks, waaaay too much effort :)
    I thought it was just me who used to do this. I used to just have black socks with different coloured toes and heels but I threw all them and got all new bright and jazzy ones from primark so I make an effort to match up now! Or else I would look a bit stupid.

On the talk of socks my mum told me how when I was little I refused to wear tights all together and I would only wear socks which didn't have a line running along the toe. My poor mother, I apologise to her now!
    no, i don't wear odd socks. some of my friends do though!
    I wear odd socks when I can't find the other one. Which is most of the time because my sister always wears odd socks and she also always steals MY socks, and so I always end up with the other sock from each pair :yeees:.
    don't wear socks unless i'm riding, in which case i wear whatever i pick up first - no one's going to see them under boots....

my brother is another sock freak though. he only wears black socks and they have to be the exact pair. odd:chin:
    I always wear matching socks. It doesn't feel right to wear odd ones to me.

Agreed...

Although most of mine are the same anyway just to make life easier.
    i wear odd socks if im wearin boots n i cnt be arsed find a pair lol