Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pregnancy test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Say if you were to do a test early, like 3/4 days before your due on, do you think it would be acurate (sp) using just a normal test, like a Tesco one, instead of clearblue etc.

Ta

Comments

• Options
    The longer you leave it the more accurate it is I guess

But there is no harm doing the test if you have it even before you are due on - just don't take a negative result as set in stone.
  • Options
    I'm sure someone said on here that the cheap ones are just as good as the more expensive brand named ones?
  • Options
    Thanx for the comments
  • Options
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    Say if you were to do a test early, like 3/4 days before your due on, do you think it would be acurate (sp) using just a normal test, like a Tesco one, instead of clearblue etc.

Ta

longer its left the better.
    some like first response do make claims about being able to detect a pregnancy earlier but tbh any test would do the job as accurately as any other.
  • Options
    does anyone know if a pregnancy test still works if you're on the pill? or would it affect the results in anyway?
  • Options
    Sopycookie wrote: »
    does anyone know if a pregnancy test still works if you're on the pill? or would it affect the results in anyway?

No, pregnancy tests are still effective. They detect the pregnancy hormone, B-HCG which is only present in pregnancy (and some cancers, but that's a different story!) the pill hormones are different, so it wouldn't affect the results.
  • Options

Ta

theres one on tv advertised -,forgotten the name soz-,which you are ment to be able to do ,a few days before your periods due!!
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    longer its left the better.
    some like first response do make claims about being able to detect a pregnancy earlier but tbh any test would do the job as accurately as any other.

:no: Clearblue said i wasn't pregnant, first responce said i was.
  • Options
    wait a bit an do another one or go see a doctor?
  • Options
    like a Tesco one

Tesco VALUE Pregnancy Tests. Why waste money to know you've fucked your life up :D
  • Options
    Tweety wrote: »
    :no: Clearblue said i wasn't pregnant, first responce said i was.

yeah. but all of them are only 99% effective.
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    yeah. but all of them are only 99% effective.

Well i did 2 clearblue within days of each other and both were negative, took first responce same day as last clear blue one and that was postitive so i know which one i will be buying in future...
  • Options
    u can take a pregnancy test as soon as 7 days after sex i think is what it is u dnt hav to wait for ur period coz if ur like me that cud be upto 6 months or more and by then ur actions are kinda set in stone. hope that helps
    xxx
  • Options
    I use the cheapo ones, like three for four quid or whatever. But I know I'm not pregnant, I just use them because I'm paranoid. And RUBBERSKIN: it ain't funny to say fucked up your life! meany poo pants!
  • Options
    This article about pregnancy tests might anser some of your questions.
  • Options
    Hey that?s a very interesting link. Thanks. Learnt a lot of new things over there.
  • Options
    Yeah, thanks for that link. Very interesting. At least I now know that I can still do a pregnancy test even though I'm on the pill :D