Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Still Haven't Heard...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm so frustrated. I applied to UCAS on March 12th and I haven't heard anything back from the 2 uni's I've applied to.

The one uni has already had one round of interviews which 2 of my mates who also applied (but in Jan) were invited to, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

The other uni keep sending me open day leaflets and stuff about Disabled Student Allowance, yet they haven't contacted me for an interview.

All my UCAS says is that 'Your application has been sent for consideration' and has said that since March 12th.

I've got 4 weeks left until the university reply deadline, and I'm panicking that I've been rejected. I'm qualified for both the courses I've applied for, so I don't know why they're taking so long to reply. I'm going off my rocker waiting. I even ended my holiday a day early in the hope of finding an offer letter on the floor when I got home, but to no avail. Arrrrrrrrrrrgh. :crying:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Forgive me for stating the obvious here, but...is there not a number or email you can contact? Surely that'd be your first protocol?
  • Options
    I've spoken to admissions personally at one uni, and they said I should hear something soon (how vague!) and I've emailed my 2nd choice but haven't had a reply. grrrrrrrr.
  • Options
    I'd give it at least till after easter. That is a late application afterall....
  • Options
    Not it's not, it's Route B.
  • Options
    Well it's a while since i applied to uni, so i don't know lots about it, but we all applied in January.....you might have more luck asking on http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk
  • Options
    All I can say is I feel your pain! I'm waiting to hear back from the post grad courses I've applied to and it is taking ages! Just going to have to sight tight and wait it out.

I wouldn't assume that you have been rejected just because you haven't heard back, sometimes it just takes a while to process everything. You'll just have to wait I'm afraid. Hope you hear back soon and that it's good news! :)
  • Options
    Even for route B it's a pretty late application, and nothing with UCAS and uni admissions ever happens fast (especially when you want it to).

If you're getting something from them then you know they've got your application. I'd give up much hope of hearing anything until the week before the deadline. There are plenty of people around who are still waiting to hear stuff who applied in September.
  • Options
    All my UCAS says is that Your applic'ation has been sent for consideration' and has said that since March 12th.

Are you logging into the correct area of the website as well? As far as I remember there was a window that allowed you to check and change your application until it is sent- at which point it says "Your application has been sent for consideration".

There is another link that allows you to track the application. This provides a window also that contains a list of universities applied to and their current decisions. You can then click on the university and see what the terms of offer are.

HTH
    Steve
  • Options
    Even for route B it's a pretty late application, and nothing with UCAS and uni admissions ever happens fast (especially when you want it to).

If you're getting something from them then you know they've got your application. I'd give up much hope of hearing anything until the week before the deadline. There are plenty of people around who are still waiting to hear stuff who applied in September.

agree'd. i had people who applied months before me still waiting after id heard from them and i applied at the last minute. Like scary monster says, least you know they have your application. Thats the worst part in my opinion, waiting to see if they even receive it. Once its in the system its in, you know.

Good luck
  • Options
    mrbox99 wrote: »
    Are you logging into the correct area of the website as well? As far as I remember there was a window that allowed you to check and change your application until it is sent- at which point it says "Your application has been sent for consideration".

There is another link that allows you to track the application. This provides a window also that contains a list of universities applied to and their current decisions. You can then click on the university and see what the terms of offer are.

HTH
    Steve
    I've been using track ever since my application was sent. (I'm not a total fool y'know!)
  • Options
    When I applied for the second time I did it in October and it wasn't until February that I got unconditional offers back from my three choices. Since I already had my grades etc I was worried they had rejected me since it was taking so long!

What you must remember is that they have to look at hundreds, if not thousands of applications as well as do their ordinary jobs (i.e. teaching!) so these things can take a while.
  • Options
    Yeah, I know. I'm just chomping at the bit now. I went to an open day a couple of weeks ago and fell in love. I just want to be there NOW!!:lol:
  • Options
    I've been using track ever since my application was sent. (I'm not a total fool y'know!)

I wasn't implying that, I was just trying to help.
  • Options
    JUST GOT INVITED FOR INTERVIEW AT LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION.

I'M SO HYPER RIGHT NOW :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

and bricking it :shocking:
  • Options
    Well done! And good luck.
  • Options
    Well done Ilora that sounds fab! :)