Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

US to attack Iran this week?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've gotta agree with Seeker. Unless you can provide evidence that the Iranian president said such a thing (first hand - i.e. a video with an accurate translation) then you have to stop using it as part of your argument. Constantly making a claim in P&D without providing evidence is tantamount to spamming. And the one's making this claim know for a fact that if the boot was on the other foot, they'd be demanding evidence.
  • Options
    I've gotta agree with Seeker. Unless you can provide evidence that the Iranian president said such a thing (first hand - i.e. a video with an accurate translation) then you have to stop using it as part of your argument. Constantly making a claim in P&D without providing evidence is tantamount to spamming. And the one's making this claim know for a fact that if the boot was on the other foot, they'd be demanding evidence.

:confused: Don't you even remember hearing it in the news? Are you not capable of using Google?

Al Jazeera.
  • Options
    :confused: Don't you even remember hearing it in the news? Are you not capable of using Google?

Al Jazeera.

Yes I'm quite capable of using Google, and I can't find a single video of him saying this, even though I've watched the full video of the speech it has been reported to come from. All I get is people (who don't even speak the language he delivered the speech in) claiming that he said this.

It seems that maybe you need practice using Google. Now we have two groups of people claiming two different things. But since you're the one making the claim, I guess it's your responsibility to back up your accusations.

Just to give you a hand, the translation of the offending passage by the Middle East Media Research Institute, "This regime that is occupying Qods [Jerusalem] must be eliminated from the pages of history." Doesn't sound quite the same when it's correct does it? In fact, it's fairly similar to the rhetoric of President Bush and Prime Minister Blair in reference to various other regimes.
  • Options

Al Jazeera.

It appears the full transcript of that particular speech can be found HERE

Does YOUR translation reveal "wipe" or "map" ? Or even "Israel" ?
  • Options
    seeker wrote: »
    It appears the full transcript of that particular speech can be found HERE

Does YOUR translation reveal "wipe" or "map" ? Or even "Israel" ?

Oh wow, they even have the little scroll bar on the right instead. How cool is that? I was wondering why my scrolly button was working, but I couldn't find the bar.
  • Options
    Oh wow, they even have the little scroll bar on the right instead. How cool is that? I was wondering why my scrolly button was working, but I couldn't find the bar.

Would you say that "country" is backwards ?
  • Options
    Yeah. But so's every country that drives on the right too. :p
  • Options
    When the bombs do start falling i'll be ok, access to guns/food/petrol and shelter are guaranteed for me :D
  • Options
    hey look, the week passed and we're still not in Iran. Fuck'n Russians...

(sorry if someone already pointed that out, I haven't fully read the thread)
  • Options
    Dam you right! I was looking forward to the end of the world. Guess this means I'm going to have to pay my credit card this month :D