Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

28 weeks later

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
...sequel to 28 days later, just saw the trailer here:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_atomic/28weekslater/

Looks awesome - has robert carlyle and a few other good actors in it :) definately on my to watch list for this year! I know a lot of people didn't like the original, but I thought it was great; a non trashy zombie film!

May 11th
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I loved the original, i thought it was a really interesting take on the 'zombie' film - what happens to the people left behind.

I saw the trailer for 28 weeks a while ago, definitely one for the diary, hurrah!
  • Options
    wasnt 28 days later just a british version of resident evil?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    wasnt 28 days later just a british version of resident evil?

Well they're all zombie films, if that's what ya mean. But 28 days later has a pschological twist to it, like Children of Men, it portrays the UK and what happened after a sociological collapse. The story is set 28 days later after the breakout of the infection, when it has spread across the country and everyone is infected. Rather than getting some hardcore soldiers to go in and do something, with a 'licker' trying to kill them, it's just ordinary people driven mad by this virus, and the main character going 'wtf is going on?!?!?!'. I thought it was more 'realistic' in the way it handled a lot of other things, and thus, a lot scarier.
  • Options
    Looks interesting.

I thought the first one was wildly underrated.
  • Options
    Looks goooooood :D
  • Options
    The first one *was* underrated. This one will be just as good as the original :D Can't wait to see it
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Win!
  • Options
    Seen this trailer a few weeks back and thoroughly wetted the appetite. I loved 28 Days later and has possibily one of the best starts ever. You could just imagine the confusion and fear that Jim (the lead character) went through in them opening shots.

I hope this sequal is as good as (if not better) than the original and not some crappy Hollywood over-produced shite.
  • Options
    28 days later was a fuckin amazing film, definitely underrated, this one looks class too :thumb:
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Well they're all zombie films, if that's what ya mean. But 28 days later has a pschological twist to it, like Children of Men, it portrays the UK and what happened after a sociological collapse. The story is set 28 days later after the breakout of the infection, when it has spread across the country and everyone is infected. Rather than getting some hardcore soldiers to go in and do something, with a 'licker' trying to kill them, it's just ordinary people driven mad by this virus, and the main character going 'wtf is going on?!?!?!'. I thought it was more 'realistic' in the way it handled a lot of other things, and thus, a lot scarier.

still resident evil though :p just a bit more twisted with the freaky army wanting to repopulate the place.
  • Options
    i cant say i hold much hope for this. it wasnt taken on by the trinity of danny boyle (director)/alex garland (writer)/andrew macdonald (producer) like the last one, so its already suffering.
    in the directors chair is a (aside from a few smaller things) beginner....which isnt necasarily a bad thing, but even in the hands of an experienced director, a sequel to such a great film would be hard work.
    none of the original cast returning is a fair indicator too i think.
    plus, think about it, when you heard the storyline of "american army sorts out britains shit"....who didnt think that it was yet another case of the yanks having to save the world (in the cinema) yet again....?

dont get me wrong, i will be seeing this and i will remain hopeful. but its gonna have to be something pretty special to impress.