Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

take a chance or cool it now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so here's the thing.

I've liked this guy for ages (a fair few months), and have known him for about a year. Nothing ever happened before as he had just finished with his girlfriend (who still likes him imo), but now thing seem to be progressing. The last couple of times i've seen him, we've ended up together all night kissing.

My problem is however that I'm really insecure at the minute, and am afraid to even start anything, because it'l lead to things going further. I've had a few probs of my own recently and i self-harm, so therefor im really conscious. Do you guys think i should give it a shot and risk him running a mile, or just cool things now?

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Erm, I think the first thing you should work out is whether he's just using you as a rebound after he's split up with his gf, or whether he sees you as something more. I think that'll give you your answer.
    I know its not a rebound thing, as they've been finished for ages, and he is totally over her.
    Then go for it. Or you will spend your time wondering 'what if'. You have to be ready for him to run a mile though. If you can deal with that, then you have nothing to loose.

But look on the positive side too, you could tell him about your problems, and he maybe able to help you. Dont just assume he will run a mile.

:thumb:
    Calvin wrote: »
    Then go for it. Or you will spend your time wondering 'what if'. You have to be ready for him to run a mile though. If you can deal with that, then you have nothing to loose.

But look on the positive side too, you could tell him about your problems, and he maybe able to help you. Dont just assume he will run a mile.

:thumb:

Thanks Calvin. U always say the right things :thumb:
    jelly tots wrote: »
    Thanks Calvin. U always say the right things :thumb:

Pleasure :D