Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

PayPal & eBay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just won an item and they use PayPal, I thought I could just pay straight off my card but it seems I need to transfer funds in to my PP account and it will take 7-10 days, is there any other way to pay without using PP and just my card?

Comments

• Options
    In short, no. you could always pay by cheque if the seller will accept it but even that would take about 7 days for it to arrive there/clear etc so unfortunately paypal is the way forward.
    Using paypal gives you a bit of extra security anyway, if you were to just give the seller your card details they could always just go on a shopping spree with them and rinse your account..
  • Options
    Damn, ok cheers.
  • Options
    I always thought you could pay direct with a credit card via PayPal?

Never heard of having to wait 7 days and all.

I've had people pay me via foreign credit cards on PayPal and was always instant.
  • Options
    I always thought you could pay direct with a credit card via PayPal?

Never heard of having to wait 7 days and all.

I've had people pay me via foreign credit cards on PayPal and was always instant.
    :yes:.

That's what I do. None of this transferring funds malarkey.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It depends if your account is verified or not.

If it is verified then you can just pay over. If not, then the funds need to clear.
  • Options
    my account isn't verified, and mine does payment straight away
  • Options
    I think transferring money using a paypal account is instant and will appear instantly on the vendors paypal account, it will take a few days for that money to go from paypal to the vendors bank account.
  • Options
    Im verified, and ive had the same problem. it wont let me buy stuff unless ive already added the funds, which takes 5-7 working days.
  • Options
    I hate paypal its too insecure but when I have had to use it I have been able to use it and pay instantly without being verified
  • Options
    too insecure?

But I've never had a problem, put in your CC number as method of payment, goes straight through. If you're trying to pay BY your paypal account balance transfer, that may be a problem.
  • Options
    are you sure your card details are correct? When my card expired I forgot to update paypal and I ended up using an "Echeque", which took a while to clear.
  • Options
    I am also verified and get this error:
    Your account currently has a negative balance, and cannot be used when paying for items from multiple sellers. To pay via PayPal, please return to eBay and pay for items individually.
  • Options
    I once paid with paypal and it paid with an e-cheque which took ages to go through. I then realised i hadn't added a card with my account details or something, after that was sorted i could make instant payments.