Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Baby coughing

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote: »
    i thought you were supposed to put babies down and let them sleep on their own?

Yes, and that's great, unless they just will not sleep on their own.
    Try explaining that to a baby!
    Glittery wrote: »
    Try explaining that to a baby!

Indeed. However, there are some babies that will cry for a bit then will drop off to sleep after a while.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Indeed. However, there are some babies that will cry for a bit then will drop off to sleep after a while.
    And there are some that will trick you into thinking they are asleep.

The minute you leave the room they strip off their pyjamas and nappy, empty the cot off all the bedding, chuck it on the floor and then decide to start crying again :yeees:
    Glittery wrote: »
    And there are some that will trick you into thinking they are asleep.

The minute you leave the room they strip off their pyjamas and nappy, empty the cot off all the bedding, chuck it on the floor and then decide to start crying again :yeees:

Anyone you know perchance? ;)

Much easier said than done when you have had no sleep and the only way of getting them to sleep is to rock them/
    Anyone you know perchance? ;)
    Definitely not my darling daughter anyway :o
    Now, any tips for getting my little munchkin to sleep better during the day so that she isn't screaming when I walk in from work because she's "overtired"?

We have a vibrating bouncy chair...works like a charm! Especially the last few days when it's been warm enough to stick it outside. He always shuts up as soon as we step outside the door. Must be the good old sea air :D
    Gamliel likes his little music box. That usually calms him down.
    Hungrier baby milk seems to be working but will pick up on a couple of the tips here - others (like vibrating chair) have had no impact :( Thanks ofr the ideas though...