Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A Lecture On Climate Change from Mr Travolta

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bloody hypocrite

Why would anyone take any notice of him when he continues to swan around in one of his five jets?

Gov. Schwarzenegger had the right idea. For anyone to take a blind bit of notice you have to practice what you preech. At least he had the sense to get rid of his hummers (even though they were cool :D ).

I understand John Travolta is a well known figure, and can attract media coverage, but surely he is doing more harm than good.

Why the hell should I listen to a guy with five personal airplanes telling me to 'do my bit' to tackle global warming.

Anyone want to defend him ? someone somewhere in Camp Travolta thought it was a good idea :D

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Bloody hypocrite

Why would anyone take any notice of him when he continues to swan around in one of his five jets?

Gov. Schwarzenegger had the right idea. For anyone to take a blind bit of notice you have to practice what you preech. At least he had the sense to get rid of his hummers (even though they were cool :D ).

I understand John Travolta is a well known figure, and can attract media coverage, but surely he is doing more harm than good.

Why the hell should I listen to a guy with five personal airplanes telling me to 'do my bit' to tackle global warming.

Anyone want to defend him ? someone somewhere in Camp Travolta thought it was a good idea :D

What criteria do you use to decide who you should take note of ?
  • Options
    Someone who makes practices what they preech.

I might listen to him if he said, I will give up my uneccesary flights and get rid of his airplanes.

Its fair enough, if he wants to keep his planes and keep flying, BUT dont lecture me about 'doing my bit'.