Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whats the Scariest Film You've ever seen?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Mine was Ichi the killer, watch it enough times and you get used to it though.

any others?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    First time i saw Alien and first time i saw the original Dawn of the Dead i was scared because i was like, 9 or 10 years old. But i like them now. Not sure what scares me now.
  • Options
    The first time I ever saw "IT" it scared the shit out of me... I was only young though.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    JamesZero wrote: »
    The first time I ever saw "IT" it scared the shit out of me... I was only young though.

Same.

I can't think of a film that has scared me in the last 10 years.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    When I first watched The Blair Witch Project I thought it was pretty fucked up and creepy.

The way it's filmed and how you don't actually see anything in it. I used to camp in the woods alot when I was younger as well, so I suppose I was kinda emphasising with how I'd feel if I was in that position and all that shit started happening.

Alot of people didn't like that film but I really liked it.
  • Options
    Bet loads disagree with me but watching Wolf Creek really scared me. Think it was the torture scenes and eurgh
  • Options
    Yes "IT" was scary!
  • Options
    Scrapbook
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Scrapbook

whats it about?
  • Options

:lol: you big jessie :D

Not a fan of horror movies, so cant really think of anything that scared me.

:thumb:
  • Options
    the shining me thinks

i first saw it when i was about 10 and it scared me shitless! :p

i also watched nightmare on elm street and nightmare on elm street 5 the other day and was severely disappointed. the original was still kinda creepy but the 5th one (which i remember watching years ago and having to stop it half way through) was awfu!!
  • Options
    You thought ichi the killer was scary? I was severely disapointed by that film! Its a little shocking sure but its nothing too bad.
    Only film thats ever actually scared me was nightmare on elm street when i was about 9
  • Options
    Am i the only person thats never watched like a scary film?
  • Options
    Nothing really scares me. Extreme horror films are a bit gross but they dont un-nerve me. Even films like The Shining and the original Omen had no effect on me.
  • Options
    whats it about?

A kid gets molested by his sister, the older brother catches him and rapes him. Then it jumps to him as an adult, he keeps a scrapbook of all the women he's kidnapped, killed and tortured. He's on the last page and it's about the story of the last girl. Very graphic and horrific, I think it was banned from day dot.
  • Options
    I gotta watch that.

Icey: Ichi = maybe scary was the wrong word but yeah its shocking and for some reason you cant watch it a second time.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    :lol: you big jessie :D

Not a fan of horror movies, so cant really think of anything that scared me.

:thumb:

me??

"Not a fan of horror movies" = I'm a mincer who hides whenever someone puts one on :p
  • Options
    :lol:
    Even films like The Shining and the original Omen had no effect on me.
    I think the original omen is quality, its just pure comedy. Best death scene ever in that film - a van carrying panes of glass skids off the road making one of the panes slide off, cut off the head of this guy then go through another window. How do you even make that stuff up!?
  • Options
    me??

"Not a fan of horror movies" = I'm a mincer who hides whenever someone puts one on :p

:lol:

You better believe it dude :D
  • Options
    I don't tend to get scared by the jump-out-of-your-seat stuff. I'm more into the tense, unnerving stuff. So Psycho, Night Of The Living Dead, The Hitcher, Silence of the Lambs in parts, The Exorcist and The Thing. The Evil Dead's one of my favourite films too, I just don't find it that scary.

Oh and after watching it when I was 8, I refuse to watch Childs Play 3. Not because I'm afraid I'll be scared again, but because I know I'll be disappointed at what a wuss I was.
  • Options
    Blood / guts films don't scare me. It's more the psychological stuff.

Psycho, The Exorcist, The Omen, that kind of thing.

Arachnophobia also gave me the fucking willies.
  • Options
    well the evil dead was made in the 80's so you wouldn't find it scary with all other films that have been made since then.

I like evil dead 2 the best.
  • Options
    Day of the Woman/I Spit On Your Grave really, really disturbed me when I first saw the uncut version. It isn't "scary" as such, I suppose (unless you're a crazed rapist/willing to stake out remote woodland cabins in order to lose your virginity, 'cos then you'd better watch out).

It's been years since I watched Se7en but I imagine I'd still be scared by it. I lost it at "Sloth".

The Tin Drum is another deeply disturbing film. It's a good film, I suppose, and having read the book beforehand I thought it was a good adaptation but unexpectedly gruesome. In particular, there's a scene on the beach where the fisherman character reels in a horse's head full of eels and starts to pull the eels out of the ears and eyesockets and mouth and then goes home and makes his wife eat them. Just... no. As a rule of thumb, when a little man-child-thing giving a 16 year old girl oral sex is not the creepiest scene in your film you need to tone down your creepiness a touch.

Ugh, just... ugh.

Has anyone seen the Japanese film Visitor Q? I have never been so upset and disturbed by a film in my life. A penis getting stuck because of rigor mortis, "have you ever been hit on the head?", a lactating mother breastfeeding her husband and fully-grown crack addict daughter. Until I saw that I thought Deliverance was bad....

That said, the only film I am willing to re-watch that scared me is The Hitcher. I get a bit retrospectively-freaked-out when I watch it and think of all the hitch-hiking I did when I was younger and all the loons I used to pick up :razz:
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    When I first watched The Blair Witch Project I thought it was pretty fucked up and creepy.

The way it's filmed and how you don't actually see anything in it. I used to camp in the woods alot when I was younger as well, so I suppose I was kinda emphasising with how I'd feel if I was in that position and all that shit started happening.

Alot of people didn't like that film but I really liked it.

Same here mate.
  • Options
    the films that are kinda scary for me are "i know what you did last summer" and the sequel "i still know what you did last summer" and when i was 9 i got scared by "hollow man" lol
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Day of the Woman/I Spit On Your Grave really, really disturbed me when I first saw the uncut version. It isn't "scary" as such, I suppose (unless you're a crazed rapist/willing to stake out remote woodland cabins in order to lose your virginity, 'cos then you'd better watch out).

Are you kidding? All I was thinking about through that film was how extremely shit it was. No suspense, no storyline, shit sound quality, and zero shock value since I've seen much worse since. I also made the mistake of watching Last House On The Left, which is pretty similar......with my mum. The only two times I've ever felt cheated after spending £2.97 on a DVD. I think the whole rape-revenge premise for a film is simply shit. Last House is a bit more plausible since it's the girls family that carry out the revenge though.
  • Options
    Not kidding. I didn't think it was plausible at all, just gruesome and difficult to watch. It was definitely interesting though, and especially in a sociological way since rape victims before that would definitely be just that... victims. I couldn't possibly comment on things like sound quality because I don't have a clue about what constitutes "good" sound to be honest, but I definitely thought it had a storyline and notable (if not necessarily good) principal character development.

When we watched it someone was talking about also watching Last House on the Left, but I'm not one for the rehashed premise... and if it's shit then I'm glad I didn't bother :p

I definitely think that the rape-revenge (or vengance as the case more often is) storyline is a good one though, you only need to watch Irréversible to see that. Incidentally, another of my "ten most disturbing films".
  • Options
    I couldn't possibly comment on things like sound quality because I don't have a clue about what constitutes "good" sound to be honest
    Well when you have to turn your amp up to -45 compared to -60 for most other films, just to hear it over the background noise on the soundtrack, it's shit sound quality. That's how I judge it anyway.
    I definitely think that the rape-revenge (or vengance as the case more often is) storyline is a good one though, you only need to watch Irréversible to see that. Incidentally, another of my "ten most disturbing films".
    Okay, one of the very rare examples of it working. I still think it's a shit story, well told though. Incidentally, have you seen Straw Dogs? I think it's a far more realistic rape story.
  • Options
    Hostel.

It was about torture. I had my face hiding in someone else's arms for half of film, nearly broke the guy's necklace and almost ripped his shirt (because I kept jumping and grabbing onto things :lol:).

Not the best film to watch on a date :no:

I don't tend to watch scary films often though, they aren't my sorta thing.
  • Options
    Hostel.

It was about torture. I had my face hiding in someone else's arms for half of film, nearly broke the guy's necklace and almost ripped his shirt (because I kept jumping and grabbing onto things :lol:).

Not the best film to watch on a date :no:

Sounds like the perfect film to watch on a date to me. Maybe not with a guy that wears necklaces though. :p
  • Options
    Oooo....um...Wicker Man's a bit creepy....but not 'scary' as such....but another film that really scared me? 'The Others' with Nicole Kidman...honestly!! :D

It's just the Psychological element of it...the 'flip' at the end really freaked me out.....and still gives me shivers if I think about it!!! :nervous: