Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

British Teacher Murdered In Japan

http://www.express.co.uk/news/view/2880

what do you make of this?

I hear all kinds of stories like this but never thought they actually happened.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Actually the first thing I thought was, oh I might go and teach in japan.

Its an awful story, which kind of reminds of Lucie Blackman, who was a brit killed in japan. However these stories although are terrible are quite rare.

It wouldnt put me off working in Japan, I still wanna visit Tokyo

Sad story though.

:thumb:
    The father of Lucie Blackman sent his sympathies to the family. There are questions about why The killer did it and where'd he get the sand from. I reckon he might have stolen it from a construction site or somewhere.
    I don't see how the fact that it happened in Japan makes it any bigger a news story than if it happened anywhere else. Wierd way to kill someone though.
    There are questions about where'd he get the sand from. I reckon he might have stolen it from a construction site or somewhere.

or B&Q

Japanese murderers do seem a bit gruesome. I seem to remember Lucie Blackman was murdered in an horrible way. I have no idea what this guy was playing at with the sand. However I think we probably only ever read about the real gruesome murders in Japan.

Whatever, this guy is clearly barking and dangerous.

:thumb:
    I.W.S: Yeah, Your right, its just what an odd thing to do.

it looks like she was beaten to death, stripped naked and put in the bathtub with sand.

The papers say he was re-inacting a scene in a manga

reminds me of the otaku murderer.
    Oh don't worry, they'll find some film or band to blame. Mass murderers these rock stars and filmmakers y'know.
    ha, true.

However, I don't think they can pin the blame on any film, music or anything else in this case as Japan is extremely lenient.
    its just if you are going to kill someone, why do you place in on a balcony, a better question is why cover the balcony up with a sheet where it looks suspicious?
    There really are some messed up people in this world.
    the hand in the sand...
    My boss went to the same school as that girls boyfriend.
    Apparently that kind of thing happens so rarely in Japan it tends to be big news when it does.

Someone I work with is supposed to be going to that exact place to teach in September.

Someone I work with is supposed to be going to that exact place to teach in September.

Is she having second thoughts now?

I suppose at least there won't be a danger to her now as that guy will be locked up.
    squeal wrote: »
    Is she having second thoughts now?

I suppose at least there won't be a danger to her now as that guy will be locked up.

She is a he. And no he isn't, its a single incident not a massive crime wave.
    The father of Lucie Blackman sent his sympathies to the family. There are questions about why he did it and where'd he get the sand from. I reckon he might have stolen it from a construction site or somewhere.

Dude, you seriously need to work on your grammar. That reads like it was Lucie Blackman's Dad who did in the teacher :eek:
    not an english teacher are you?

However, I see your point and its noted.

Kiss my ass

(hows that for good grammer?) :p

Nope.
    However, I see your point and its dually noted.

Irony or another fuck up?
    fuck up.
    it looks like she was beaten to death, stripped naked and put in the bathtub with sand.

It was confirmed by the police this afternoon she'd been strangled....

(I must be the only person who actually watches the news when I'm at the gym, I really need to charge my iPod)
    Remember Johnnyboy,

GrammarNazi.jpg
    Ah.

Blame the teachers. :yes:
    hm. Maybe I really DO need to work on my grammer...

My mistake Nikki.
    Ah.

Blame the teachers. :yes:

thats my motto.

Hey, give me a break, I haven't studied English in 3 years and Im really sensitive about spelling.
    Meh, shit happens.

I haven't studied English since 1986 BTW

My mistake Nikki.

Ah no wasn't having a go, I think it was only confirmed just before I watched it. Just thought I'd update ya :)

ETA: Can't find anywhere that says it definetely was, but apparently the post mortem suggests strangulation - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6501991.stm . Poor woman :(

I haven't studied English since 1986 BTW

sweet.
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Ah no wasn't having a go, I think it was only confirmed just before I watched it. Just thought I'd update ya :)

No, I know. thanks for correcting me :)

I meant to say, He beat her BEFORE he strangled her.
    did they catch him yet?
    She is a he. And no he isn't, its a single incident not a massive crime wave.

My sister flew out the day before Lindsay did and is working with the same company, though she's not based in Tokyo.

She e-mailed us to say she was ok, but i agree Moon, it's a single incident isn't it. It could have happened at a university in this country. The thing that i'm most aware of is the distance between here and there.

However, I see your point and its noted.

Kiss my ass

(hows that for good grammer?) :p

I don't know, not got an opinion if it's good grammar either ;)
    The Japanese have very few murderers but when they do, they tend to be pretty gross :

"Issei Sagawa served time in a French jail for the murder of the Dutch Renée Hartevelt, a classmate at the Sorbonne Academy in Paris. In June 11, 1981, Sagawa was studying avant garde literature. He invited her to dinner under the pretense of literary conversation. Upon her arrival, he shot her in the neck, then began to carry out his plan of eating her. She was selected because of her health and beauty, those characteristics Sagawa believed he lacked. In interviews, Sagawa describes himself as a "weak, ugly and small man" and claims that he wanted to "absorb her energy."

He said he fainted after the shock of shooting her, but awoke with the realization that he must carry out his desire to eat her. He did so, beginning with her hips. In interviews, he noted his surprise at the "corn-colored" nature of human fat. For two days, Sagawa ate various parts of her body. He described the meat as "soft" and "odorless", like tuna. After two days, he dumped the mutilated body in a park, but was seen in the act. Five days later, he was arrested by the French police. However, the French psychologists found him legally insane and unfit to stand trial. Instead, he was deported back to Japan, where he was put in a mental institution. However, the deportation order did not specify how long Sagawa must remain in the institution. 15 months later, Sagawa checked himself out, and has been a free man ever since."

Somewhat off-topic but gross nontheless :-

"A well-documented case occurred in Chichijima in 1945, when Japanese soldiers killed and ate eight downed American airmen. This case was investigated in 1947 in a war-crimes trial, and of 30 Japanese soldiers prosecuted, five (Maj. Matoba, Gen. Tachibana, Adm. Mori, Capt. Yoshii and Dr. Teraki) were found guilty and hanged."
    I don't know, not got an opinion if it's good grammar either ;)

fair enough, point taken. I can't spell. :crying:

why's this been moved here? theres nothing really to debate about.
    fair enough, point taken. I can't spell. :crying:

why's this been moved here? theres nothing really to debate about.

Its spelt correct. Grammar :D