Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Superhero fancy dress

I have a superhero themed fancy dress do to go to on Saturday night, and I wasn't originally going to go but now I am so I don't have very long to sort myself out with a costume. My visit to the fancy dress shop turned up £40 costumes, but I am on a budget so erm maybe not was my thought there. Even basic cape-like items were £18. So help? Everything people seem to suggest involve lycra/wearing pants over tights in superhero style, however as I don't have the best figure in the world I'm not too fond on that idea. I also don't have to be a real superhero as such, and can be a made up one, but I still have no idea what to wear. I'll be going out in public, so don't want to look too much like a twat.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Penfold!
  • Options
    One of the Incredibles - red top, red trousers. Yellow circle with black "i" on the yellow circle, and a tiny black blindfold. Sorted! :thumb:
  • Options
  • Options
    Stiletto!
  • Options
    lucifer devil!
  • Options
  • Options
    wear a tracksuit and tell everyone you're the bionic woman.. :)

bionic%20woman%203.jpg
  • Options
    u could go as banana-mans' spouse banana-woman :yes:

just go dressed all in yellow with a black hat. and for continuity u can stick real bananas in your pockets.. just so people know you u r actually a superhero and not just a silly muppet wearing yellow clothes :yes:

or not?:confused: hehe
  • Options
    My mate had a good idea, wore a shirt/tie/trousers, bought some thick rimmed glasses and slicked his hair to look really smart, then wore a superman t-shirt underneath and if anyone asked who he was just ripped the shirt open to reveal the 'S'
  • Options
    Try the kids dressing up department in Woolworths or pound shops, if you get an outfit for a child, even capes/masks/logos etc can be worn or modified somehow, plus it loads cheaper than adults fancy dress stuff
  • Options
    Superted! Teddy bear ears, red t-shirt that you can stitch the logo onto, red trousers and a yellow belt and shoes. Easy.

Or Superman - wear office clothes with a Superman t-shirt under. Although you don't look remotely like a guy so maybe not...
  • Options
    Go as the invisible woman from the Fantastic Four; don't turn up :razz:

Her costume is pretty simple though - full blue with black boots/gloves and a circular badge with '4' on the chest.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Superted! Teddy bear ears, red t-shirt that you can stitch the logo onto, red trousers and a yellow belt and shoes. Easy.

Or Superman - wear office clothes with a Superman t-shirt under. Although you don't look remotely like a guy so maybe not...

Awwh I still remember your superted outfit. That was the dogs bollox! :hyper: