Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Croatia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm currently looking into going to Croatia for a week at the end of June. I was just wondering if anyone has been before and can recommend any places which are a 'must see' and any to avoid?

Also, what is the public transport like out there? I would be flying into Split, so any information on that area especially would be great!

Thanks. :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I've never been but when my mate was with his girlfriend they went every year, so there must been something worth seeing!
  • Options
    I have been, in 2004, took a ferry from the North down to Dubrovnik. Which was very beautiful. Took a pirate ship trip out to one of the islands.

I'd recommend a day trip, or a stay of a few days to Bosnia, either Mostar or Sarajevo, easily reached by bus.
  • Options
    Dubrovnik and the islands off the coast are amazing! Thats the only bit I remember going to, the rest was all pre-war and I'm too young to really remember. Its all gorgeous though. :)
  • Options
    Ive been to Pula and Porec. I preffered Porec. we were there when the Arts Festival was on, loads of fire dancers and the like.... was amazing. And if you do go.. head towards the church in the centre of the town and go to the cafe on the right they have some mean pasta! and the waiter Julie is stunning lol