Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

missed periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm 10 days late and normally very regular but i'm under more stress right now than i've ever been before with uni work for the end of my degree. Pregnancy is highly unlikely as i've never had unprotected sex and theres been no condom breakages/leaks but i'm considering doing a test for peace of mind. So i was just wondering how late people have been before getting their period? I know missing cycles completely is common in younger girls but i'm 20 and have been having periods since i was 12 without missing one!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah taking a test just incase would probably be a good idea.
    Stress can cause you to miss periods. Also being too underweight can be a cause. But these aren't the only possible causes.

I think there's a link on thesite somewhere about missing periods. :confused:

I'd go see the doctor anyway, just to see what they say. It's sometimes good for things like that to be on your records incase it becomes a common thing that they want to investigate.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes thanks Sofie. :)
  • Options
    You're welcome. :)

TBH, if it's just happened the once I personally wouldn't worry that much.