Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Snoop Dogg refused entry to UK

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dog Refused Entry

What do you think ?

I can understand him being refused entry as the last year he was cautioned after being arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and affray at Heathrow airport.

Part of me thinks fine, if you cause trouble and assault police officers then you loose the right to come back to the UK regardless or fame or money. Thats what the punishment is.

I understand John Reid personally intervened in this case. But in all fairness their are bigger threats to our countries security, and these threats come and go every day.

What do you think? Is he just being made a scapegoat ? or is it right he should be allowed back in the UK ??

:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dunno - he's got so many weapons/drugs/trouble charges outstanding that it does beg the question 'how much is too much'?
    He's not done anything as bad as Mike Tyson, yet he was allowed in. Depends whether he's served his time tbh.
    Bit of a non-story really, if he was a British rapper trying to get into the U.S it would be a lot harder.

I don't really care as I've already seen him live. :p
    What makes this news is that for once a celebrity has been treated like the rest of us mortals get treated.

If the criteria regarding, say, drug use that is applied to would be visitors to other countries was also applied to rockers, rappers and actors, few would be able to go anywhere much.

Try to gain access to the US if you had a history like Mike Jagger's...
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hm, if he was a UK citizen who had in the same way so long in the past, would he be forced to leave the country?
    Refusing entry to someone doesn't really make sense to me tbh. Unless the person is a known (and proven) terrorist or something.
    If one us got arrested for violent disorder I can guarantee we'd recieve more than a caution!
    The guy is an idiot, he's a self proclaimed gangster and glamourises the whole "lifestyle", I remember listening to him on Radio 1 on the way back from Live-8 talking to Westwood (i'd have listened to something else but Radio 4 at midnight is less than appealing) and all he was talking about what how great it is to be a gangster. He even took a gun with him the idiot.
    And his music is shit. Lol.

I hope it sends some sort of positive message to the people who idolise him.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I couldn't care less, he's an idiot either way.

It just makes me laugh.
    It's Because He's Black! Racist Bastards!
    Ok so Snoop is a naught boy, the issue I have is the home office had his application a while back and they really shouldnt have left it till the last minute before deciding.