Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

why does no one want me to work for them...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been looking around for a job since january and i getting no where! i have been to career's fairs, I have mailed CVs, I have been round sooo many shops, i've even been thinking of starting my own advertising company, because i really need money!

No one can see any problem with my CV, and i'll PM it to you if you want to take a look.

I have previous retail and admin experiance, and i'm really starting to wonder why nothing is working...

I am looking for part time work, which i know is very difficult to get hold of but this is stupid!

help!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I been through exactly the same ordeal. Dont take it personally, i know it doesnt seem like it but everything happens for a reason.

(Im sure im going soft in my old age)

If you want to PM you CV i will take a look. Up to you though.

:thumb:
    pm me your cv and i'll have a butchers.
    How's your speculative letters?

I'm pretty sure you're doing absolutly nothing wrong. I was looking for work for a whole year before I found something. Only ever got 4 interviews in all that time too. I'm not saying that to be discouraging... I'm just saying you can be looking for a job for aggggggges and then suddenly your lucky day comes along. Just keep at it. It's a competitive world trying to get work, but you will get something.

Part time work in retail is pretty common though, and I often see adverts for part-time admin jobs; so don't worry about that; I doubt you're slimming your chances of finding work because of that.

2 to 3 months looking for a job really isn't that long to be honest; it just gets so bloody frustrating. Just hang in there.
    Join an agency.
    but most agencies won't take you on for part time work...will they?
    They might do.