Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A little rant, liking bad men=hurtness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do I seem to actively pick men who are not boyfriend material at ALL? First off I made the mistake of screwing the crew, worse is that he's my supervisor, two is that I end up falling for him despite our fuck buddy status and blurting out "I like you, damnit, I dont WANT to, but there it is. I like you" To which he replies, "I dont know what I want..." and procedes to be a complete cock in work.

Fucking cliches, my life is one big cliche - you want the one you can't have and the ones who want you are in no way your type (or even less appropriate ie 60 year old customers at the bar)

Why can't I, for once, go for a decent guy who I happen to be compatible with?

Does anyone believe in relationship karma, like, those who you reject...it will come back to haunt you? I'm beginning to believe it. I've been single for about a year and until I met himself was quite happy just doing my thing.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does anyone believe in relationship karma, like, those who you reject...it will come back to haunt you?

No. I've done bad things and made mistakes in relationships, but your life is what you make of it, and if you think of things in a negative context, or expect things to always be bad, don't be surprised when you get it back; even if things aren't that bad, negative attitudes mean that you'll only focus on the bad things. Trust me, it's not worth it in the long run.
    Why do I seem to actively pick men who are not boyfriend material at ALL?

Could be a number of things; where you tend to meet people, the context of the relationship etc. As you said yourself, you fell for someone who was a fuck buddy. If you're in a casual situation with someone, as harsh as it can turn out to be, you can't be surprised if that person isn't interested in you for anything other than sex, if that's what you both stated from the outset.

Maybe a change of scenery would do you good, and get you back into the swing of doing your own thing? Like going to different clubs/bars, taking a course or something. I met my partner totally out of the blue through mutual friends when I met new people through a cinema club.
    He asked me to quit so he could continue the casual thing (work and person life should be kept seperate and he feels uncomfortable now) but I told him, no way not for a fuck buddy would I leave a job. He said he *might* consider going out with me if I left, lucky me.

The place I work is where I also go on nights out and had been for years before..to be fair, I hadn't really given random guys a chance when they ask for my number etc but I guess I should from now on. Tis just a pity, not only was the sex amazing but so was the banter between us. :(
    Gosh, he sounds like a catch :rolleyes: if he's making your life hell at work, that's not fair, and you have a right to work with keeping things professional in that context.

Take it from me, plenty of other opportunities to have amazing sex and conversation :yes: might be a good time for you to distance yourself from work outings and maybe call up some friends you haven't seen in a while or something?
    Definately, apart from the fact that some people actually respond well to being ignored, I was an ego boost for him for over three months and I don't fucking deserve to feel like his dirty secret.

He is an asshole, a self confessed asshole but then I think I saw in him aspects of myself, which is why I was attracted to him. Unfortunately I've got a few shifts with him this week but I just try to ignore him and act civil.

Any Peter Wentz nice boys out there? :wave:
    Ah poor halloween.

Here's some loving! :heart:
    because you don't even want a decent guy.

a friend of mine has a girlfriend who's "way out of his league" to put it like that, and just because she has been shat on (and that's a rougher patch as in your situation) numerous times so she looked out for a guy who looks out for her and takes care of her.

He isn't a Leonardo DiCaprio at all, but they seem to be happy. Sometimes I honestly think girls need a few metaphorical slaps across the face from shitty guys before they realize it's the inconspicious non-high'n'mighty guy who will make them happy.

all the best in your future partnerships.
    Brilliant. Really nice.

:lol: how have I missed that.

Brilliant is the only word that fits the description. I hope I do not have to tell you to screw him (not in the literal sense). good sex or funny banter cherished, but come on...
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Ah poor halloween.

Here's some loving! :heart:

A hug would be just lovely!. He won't even be there tues night for me to round up people to glare at him, rrrrr!