Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

when did ladies start shaving?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just thinking - when did people actually start shaving. Was it tudor times or what? or is it only recently? its well weird to think some women must have been as hairy as blokes back in the olden days. i know its a strange thing to post but but it is called 'anything goes'

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Style and appearance?

I was wondering the other day, whether women shaving legs and armpits will ever go out of fashion, or whether it's just too ingrained now for us to ever stop!
    sorry i should have put it in there ! I know, its such a chore but i feel better afterwards. i just wandered what it would be like before women had to shave
    Style and appearance?

I was wondering the other day, whether women shaving legs and armpits will ever go out of fashion, or whether it's just too ingrained now for us to ever stop!

I've seen the future. Let's just say Britney Spears is way ahead of her time.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've seen the future. Let's just say Britney Spears is way ahead of her time.
    I really, really, really hope it doesn't get there. Really. :no:
    Women never look good with no hair, and 99% of the men that do are black.
    Style and appearance?

i hope not.
    Style and appearance?

Well, if they can find a way of making money in encouraging women to stop removing their hair from whatever region, new 'trends' may come about :rolleyes:
    Hm, I wonder if (wo)men can be convinced that they can't get through the day or that they'd look horrible unless they wore something that ties in the nostrils and behind the ears (or something strange like that). Then they'd make a fortune out of selling these and suppress doctors' opinions that it can badly affect the ears' health. :p
    just thinking - when did people actually start shaving. Was it tudor times or what?

It goes back much further than that.
    Women never look good with no hair, and 99% of the men that do are black.

I have no idea what that means.

Women generally aren't as hairy as men if they don't shave, so wouldn't be as hairy as men anyway.
    katralla wrote: »
    I have no idea what that means.

Women generally aren't as hairy as men if they don't shave, so wouldn't be as hairy as men anyway.
    I mean head hair. Women never look good bald, and it's extremely unlikely that a man who isn't black (or old enough to be naturally bald) would look good like that.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I think that is down to personal taste tbh. I know a few girlies who look stunning with a shaved head.