Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Is she flirting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys I'm new here so please be gentle..

I need help.
I work at a bar as a bouncer, (but i am a nice one honest!!) and i met this girl and got chatting for about 15 mins. I bought her and her friend a drink, but had to go and do some work and didn't see her til the end of the night. She thanked me for the drink and said she would be back next as it is her birthday. I said to her that i could get her free entry if she liked as it her birthday.
She thanked me and i gave her my number and told her to txt me in the week to sort it out.

On the following wednesday she text me, reminding me who she was (as if i'd forget!!) and thanked me again for the drink and for the free entry this week. At the end of the text was an "x"..

I txt her back with a bit of friendly banter, and asked a few questions about her and generally showed a bit of interest. She text back answering my questions and to me i thought she was showing an interest... again at the end of this txt she left an "x"..

We sent about 4 long txts to each other and i found out she was a final year medical student, where she lived etc.. her last txt had no "x" on it though.

the following day i sent a shprt txt and left an "x"..

Anyway to cut a long story short it turns out she has a boyfriend and wass just being a nice friendly person..

What confuses me though is why the "x"???

Why do girls leave an "x" after a txt if they only want to be friends??

Please help..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah. Some boys do as well. No? Just when they're texting me?

Probably better in the relationships section btw. But yeah, don't read too much into little things like whether there's an x or not. But bearing in mind you're a bouncer, a lot of girls like to have bouncers as friends. It means they can jump the queue, get free entry, and get people they don't like kicked out. I'd avoid offering things like this to people you barely know in future, and the ones that genuinely like you will still want to give you their number.
    is she flirting

Ok thanks for that..

I've just got out of a 4 year relationship as well and lost all the ability to read the signs.. wat sort of a man/bouncer am i? ha ha
    I find a x doesn't really mean anything. I text my girlys with x's on the end of my texts, doesn't mean i want them.
    ok thanks for that, but sending txts to your girly's is a bit differrent. Would you do it to someone of oposite sex you only just met??
    chunky wrote: »
    ok thanks for that, but sending txts to your girly's is a bit differrent. Would you do it to someone of oposite sex you only just met??

Just pointing out that it doesn't necessarily have to be done in a romantic sense. I probably would yes, it depends on the kind of person you are though. I see it as being friendly, others would see it as implying something romantic.
    I don'T think this "x" means anything. I am not overly familiar with it, since it does seem to be a UK-thing (or at least of english language [I'm a german native speaker]). And had all kind of different people give me "xxx", "xx" and "x"... It's just a kind of goodbye and has nothing to do with an actual kiss.

/edit: I got "xxx"'s from minors (oh no, I hear police sirens), xxx from people in long term relationships, xx from girls who just got a new boyfriend and are totally head over heels for him.
    It's just a nice gesture, and empty one as well, however.
    ok thanks.. i'll bare that in mind the next time i give out my number... this FRIENDS thing sux!! lol